Do you think this silkie is a dwarf?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PrettyDozen, May 10, 2011.

1. PrettyDozen

PrettyDozen Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2010
    Tennessee
    I got a few new silkies this year and Ray hasn't really grown. To me, she/he still looks like a week old chick. She's feathering out okay and is otherwise healthy. She's even been freeranging without any problems, but I worry about her. I saw another post about midget silkies and I was wandering if you think that may describe my sweet little one, or if you thing she's just a late bloomer. [​IMG]

Here she is with Rose--I bought them together and they are both 8 weeks old.

[​IMG]

And here she is in the starter coop with the rest of her sisters/brothers

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Was she the same size as the others when you got her? Could she jsut be younger?

3. PrettyDozen

Jul 19, 2010
    Tennessee
    She's always been the runt, though it wasn't quite as noticeable when they were all little. I got her from a local hatchery and they told me that they had all hatched the previous day (the only older ones were all white). I'm certainly stumped:/

4. LindseyM12

LindseyM12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    Wow! Thats crazy small!

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

robin416 had a dwarf silkie she raised. Odd-looking little girl. She might be able to tell you about that.

6. PrettyDozen

Jul 19, 2010
    Tennessee
    Thank you! I'll contact her, I'd hate to think that I'm setting Ray up for a bad life. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by