Do you think this Silkie may turn Lavender??

IroquoisEgg

Songster
9 Years
May 30, 2010
Fair Oaks, CA
I am new to Silkies and this one was sold to me as Splash, but the lady was sorta waiting to sell her because she thought she might turn into Lavender. What do ya'll think??

59074_sizzle_003.jpg

Its hard to tell. I have some splash that look like that. I hear they can turn into splash later on. It may be lavender, but still may be splash also.

Unless that chick came from lavender parents or birds carrying the lavender gene there is no chance that it is lavender. So unless that breeder has lavender birds in the flock then it is going to be a splash.

Well, she has been raising silkies for many years, and if she was waiting to see if she just might turn lavender then I'm thinking she must have lav's somewhere around there. Also, the "show quality" pen did have some that looked lavender to my untrained eye. But, I am keeping her updated with pics of this chick b/c she wanted to see her progression, so I will email her and ask that question!!

Very pretty whatever the outcome! I'm new to silkies too....I have my two sat on my feet at the minute, lol. How old is the chick in the photo?

She is about 6 weeks according to the breeder's evaluation. All of her pin feathers are gone and she is pretty much fully feathered,so maybe a week older than that...

Aww still so cute! Sorry I don't have any information on colour, mine are both black. Was worried my little boy was behind on growth but only slightly judging by your photo so thank you
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom