Do you think this would work, coop from CL?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenfever, Sep 10, 2008.

1. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    What I'm thinking is to buy the coop mentioned for $200 w/o wire & a door. Hoowever, I need a fully enclosed coop for the elements, so I would cover the outside w/plywood. What do you think, opinions appreciated.
    Good deal?, or would I be better off trying to build from scratch myself?
    Am thinking of offering $150, but have a feeling he will turn this down.

http://prescott.craigslist.org/bar/824795340.html

2. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    It's average as far as prices go around here. I personally would build one myself if I had the time. It will ALWAYS be cheaper. Most everything I have is free from some cast off bin or something, and scrounging about or begging [​IMG]

If you have the time, I would build your own. If you don't have the time, buy this. It is basically ready except the few modifications you mentioned.

Time is money and money is time, right?

3. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    yes that would work perfect for a small sized coop just add some plywood on the sides and you would have a nice litte coop

4. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    Forgot to add that this coop is 6'x10', I don't think that is mentioned in the CL add.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Offer the $150. if he takes it great, if not then build your own. Lumber is going up in price with everything else.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by