1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do you this this Wyandotte and Cochin are Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Balboaroc, May 15, 2009.

1. Balboaroc

Balboaroc Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2009
    Carroll County, MD
    My flock is now almost 11 weeks this coming Sunday. This past week we realized for sure our little Australopr is a Roo as it started to crow [​IMG]

Now my Silver Laced Wyandotte I'm wondering about. No crowing yet but its huge and its bigger than the other SLW I own. Here is a pic of it....

[​IMG]
    The one in question with the Roo Australorp
    [​IMG]
    The one I'm positive is female...
    [​IMG]

And for the cochin. Again no crowing and I have another cochin to compare it to. Both are similar in size for now but one has a much larger comb than the other.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Its behind my RIR but this is a better shot of the tail feathers.
    [​IMG]
    Funny thing is even if these are Roo they are much better than the Australorp and that one is the one running the show. He protects the girls and has always been a little more skittish/flighty. He can stick around provided he stays nice and so far so good.

Thanks in advance!

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

All three are roos. [​IMG]

3. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    katy wrote: All three are roos.

I agree.​

4. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    I wish you lived closer, I'd take the BA roo if you didnt want him. He's the age of my other chickens and I NEEEED a BA roo.... He's purty!

But yeah, all but the red at the bottom look roosterish to me.

5. Balboaroc

Balboaroc Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2009
    Carroll County, MD
    I know he's really pretty isn't he? I think he's one of my faves. I just love his blue/green/black feathers. [​IMG]

Truthfully I just love them all LOL. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by