Do you wear special footwear in your run?

gale65

Songster
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
north central indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Because of chicken poop, etc? We don't wear our shoes in the house, but we all take them off in the utility room and I have to go in there often for doing laundry and dh's bathroom is at the opposite end of the utility room so he walks through there a lot. Plus my kids have a habit of coming a few feet into the house and then taking their shoes off. I bought some rubber boots for me to wear but I think I need to get some for the kids too. DH probably won't wear any but he's outside all day so hopefully anything would get worn off before he comes in, plus he takes his work boots off right by the outer door. But I wish he would.

I have TSC blue rubber boots for all my outdoor stuff. Tilling the garden and cleaning the coop. Now if I am just shutting them up at night or feeding them, I just wear flip flops, and they are taken off right outside the slider. They never come in the house.

We all have rubber boots for winter and Crocs for nice days. I agree, anything that can be hosed off. Crocs are super easy for my boys, 4 & 7, to slip on and off. Still can't find size 15 Crocs for my husband though.

I'm bad... I wear flipflops usually... occasionally my crocs.
I take them off in the laundry room.

In the winter... I still wear my crocs with socks.

Deweydoodledo... if you find 15's let me know... maybe they will carry a 16 as well... my son is 16 and wears a 16 double wide shoe
ep.gif

Last edited:
I have a farm, so anytime I leave the house (unless I'm getting in the car) I put on my "pig farmer boots" (rubber utility boots) on the front porch.
smile.png

DD and I both have gardening clogs to slip on and off just inside the garage door. Our coop is just outside the garage. We don't want to track poop in the house, ruin our own good shoes, and also do it for biohazard reasons when we're tending to chicks inside the home as well as the bigger girls in the coop. I'll never be able to train DH to change shoes so he just stays out of the coop, which is fine. I wanted the chickens in the first place so they're my responsibility and I get to have the most fun with them!

I have special shoes, usually my tenies, for the farm and other shoes to go out to feed stores and other places. My farm shoes get very ragged quickly and I keep a new pair on stand by because a month or 6 weeks and I have to toss the others. I put a lot of miles on my work shoes and I don;t want to take anything to the feed store or friends homes or farms and I don't want to bring anything home with me. I can't wear flip flops or crocs. I walk way too much every day for the comfort of those.

Back
Top Bottom