Do you/your spouse wear a wedding ring?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by easttxchick, Aug 13, 2010.

1. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I was just curious.
    DH and I have been married 21 years. Due to his job(he is an electrician in an oil refinery) he hasn't worn one in about 20 years.
    I took mine off about 2 summers ago(it's so hot down here that even a wedding ring is uncomfortable) and it was SO much more comfortable without it that I haven't put it back on. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful and I love it, but it is just uncomfortable to wear so it sits in a jewelry box.
    After 21 years, it isn't a big deal between he and I, but I just wondered if there were others like us out there that don't wear wedding rings.

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    i wear my wedding rings, when i go out. i rarely wear them at home. hubby does the same.
    we have places we put them everyday.
    [​IMG]

3. ChikeeMomma

ChikeeMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    I don't wear mine very much. If we are going out then maybe. I thought I'd wear mine while on vacation last week. I didn't wear it much because we were down at the beach so much. Then I left it behind in the bathroom drawer when we left. Thankfully, it was found and is waiting at the post office for me (I have to sign for it). My hubby's is just a band and he wears it all the time with a few exceptions. I kinda wish now that I would have opted for a band. I would probably wear it much more that way.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I wear mine, but Ken is allergic to metals, so he has never even had one.

5. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    My husband stopped wearing his about 5 years ago when he started working on our house project a lot. I wear mine from time to time but I'm always catching it on things and I'm just afraid of losing the stones. To us it's just jewelry, doesn't really mean anything. We've been married 22 years and together for 29 years. At this point, I wish we would have kept the money we spent on them lol.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  6. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Hubby and I stopped wearing ours MANY years ago. With all the things we do with our hands, it's just safer to not have them on. Plus, they were gold nugget bands and we both had bent them doing something... if we were to try and put them on now, they'd need resizing...lol

7. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Mine never comes off, unless I'm cleaning it. My husband had to stop wearing his when he started mechanicing. Then he tried to start wearing it again, and was welding and a piece of slag landed on it and cooked his finger and messed up the ring. So, his is off again.

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I wear my band everyday-small gold band-the actual wedding ring is getting fixed because the main diamond sits so high I bend it all the time-now for the 5th time I am having it totally rebuilt and set much lower-problem is -its 500$ to fix it and replace a bagette I lost out of it! So It'd been getting fixed for a tad now:-( Im hoping to have it paid off in the next month-then Ill wear it again when need be:)

9. anbhean

anbhean Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2010
    Colorado
    I only wear mine when I go out to a nice place or someplace where waddling around pregnant with two little ones in tow and not having a ring on will get you some harsh looks. LOL! Not that I care much what people think, but you know, sometimes it's just easier than weathering the nasty faces from the prunies at local Walgreens while they're waiting for their Miralax to kick in. [​IMG] I'm just saying.

My husband however, wears his everyday. Of course, like other people have pointed out-- his is a band and mine is an antique diamond with a few not so secure stones that I am freaked about loosing. So on top of worrying about snagging it on things, I have to worry about a stone disappearing.

10. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

We still wear ours ~ married for 4 years, but have been together for 18. We both have very simple gold bands, no stones, no engagement ring. We do take them off if we are doing heavy work outside where they may be a danger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by