Do young geese go through a crabby phase? The terrible twos??

Lamar Estate

Songster
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
St. Paul, Minnesota
Hello--

My Sebastopol Sebastian George is now 2 1/2 months old. We are still head over heals about him, but the feeling isn't always mutual anymore.

Sebastian hatched in an incubator along with his duck brother, Gizmo. The 2 of them are still living inside the house, while his older and younger ducks siblings have already moved outside to the chicken coop and run. They still live inside the house while we are building their own housing and run because we love being around them.

Although Sebastian still adores my husband and lets us give him nighttime snuggles, he doesn't always listen to us...especially when we take him outside. He follows us around, making sure we're not TOO far away. However, when we try to pick him up, it's as if we're catching a greased-up pig! He has incredible turning ability and runs very fast.

Also, he seems crabby a lot. He stretches his neck out squawks at us, gets upset if Gizmo pokes him in the rear, and throws a tantrum to get our attention.

Is this normal?

Thanks,
Amanda

81478_6-3-2011_031.jpg

81478_6-3-2011_112.jpg

They are so pretty. I have 2 Sebastapols the same age. Fred and Ginger. They come over to see me all the time yet they don't like to get picked up either. Boy, can they run! Once you catch them though they calm right down. I think they are learning about there independence...... lol. They grew up with 3 chicks and are now with 2 pekin ducks there age. I have now put the chicks in a chicken pen and the geese in the duck pen. It all works out. The chicks come back to the geese during the day. I love how all my birds get a long.

45848_5-21-11sb_4.jpg

45848_5-21-11sb_12.jpg

45848_5-27-11sb_13.jpg

45848_5-27-11sb_4.jpg

In this picture one of the chicks are sitting with Ginger. It's really nice when you see all of them sitting together. Funny thing is, the chicks are a few days older then the geese. These pictures were taken 2 weeks ago. It's amazing how much they have changed since these pictures have been taken.

Sounds to me like your goose has that terrible disease called: "TerribleTwoSyndromeSoYouNeedToGiveItToOrangeRibbon-itis.
big_smile.png
He sure is a handsome feller!

Back
Top Bottom