Do Your Buttons Do This?

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Do your buttons do this?

Every time i clean my button cage for one it never smells

but every time my button quails get scared or very nervous they poo and there poo smells REALLY bad
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

but that smell only comes when they get scared or really nervous

any other time they poo it doesn't smell

do your buttons do this?

My buttons poo smells, just not anywhere as bad as coturnix poo does. Buttons have low ammonia levels but they still do have a smell to them, I clean my trios enclosure every 2-3 days to keep the smell down.
wink.png
You must just not be around when they do a fresh poo. But yes when scared they will poo even my coturnix do that lol!

Quote:
LOL button poo is like smelling flowers though compaired to having the same amount of coturnix in the house. PEEEEYEW!!! LOL!
sickbyc.gif

I'm trying to keep my coturnix quail chicks in the house ALL winter, but when they get older, I can see me having to clean their enclosure out atleast twice a day to keep up with the smell...even if i could ignore the smell, my mom with her bloodhound type nose wouldnt lol!!!!

Quote:
LOL button poo is like smelling flowers though compaired to having the same amount of coturnix in the house. PEEEEYEW!!! LOL!
sickbyc.gif

I'm trying to keep my coturnix quail chicks in the house ALL winter, but when they get older, I can see me having to clean their enclosure out atleast twice a day to keep up with the smell...even if i could ignore the smell, my mom with her bloodhound type nose wouldnt lol!!!!

Hahahaha! my mom has the same nose!!

i know what you mean..when i first hatch out jumbo coturnix quails one day i clean there brooder in the morning and normally i would do it again in the evening but that day i was out and i didn't get home till dark and OMG!!!! when i was in the room where they were i almost fainted!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
and to make matters worst my mom was right behind me and she had to do one of her dramatic sense
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom