Do your chicken chicks do this too?

MageofMist

Crowing
5 Years
Dec 9, 2016
Britain
Mine start whining when I give them treats, some sound like accordions and one even sounds like an eagle or old fashioned kettle. I got a vid of them doing it and it is quite adorable. I have searched for whining chickens on YT and never seen anything regarding this. :lau These birds make some crazy sounds, they even purr/trill when cuddling me, one another or sun and dust bathing.

They are about 3 month old now, Little Peep-Peep is defo a rooster due to his wattles and comb coming in, and one looks like a hen with the big pom-pom head, while the other 3 are ambiguous. Other than the occasional kick-boxing they do with one-another, even the hen-looking one, and scuffles over treats, they get along fine.

Take some more vids in the next coming weeks! Document the change :D
I shall! :p Any excuse to film my crazy little babies is good enough for me!

Lol they are adorable. Love your accent btw.
Thanks! And indeed they are adorable. The silkie chick in my av with the quail chick on it's back is the very same one that makes the funny kettle/eagle sounds in the vid. :p I thought Peep-Peep was a girl until the comb and wattle popped out of no-where.
'Mama' Peep-Peep with his quail babies.

The whining is because they're anxious for treats and attention right at the moment when their voices are just beginning to change :)

Well, it is adorable and I am glad I got it recorded before they grew out of it! :p I bet Peep-Peep will be humiliated when I play this to him when he is older and he hears his little eagle/kettle sounds.

"Whaaaa wheeee wheeee!"

I loved it when you said, Whatcha doing, you cattle". I think that once you called them little beggers and the the second time little buggers. It was beautiful and so innocent.

You have a gift for making videos. Keep it up.

I called him a kettle as he sounded like an old fashioned kettle boiling. :p And indeed they are both little beggers and buggers, which I call them a lot when giving them treats and it seems to make them even more exited.

I tend to get awkward when it comes to posting vids when I talk in them, and even talking in vids in general, having social anxiety. But these crazy little birds really bring me out of my shell. :) I read that Silkies, and chickens in general, do make good therapy and emotional support animals, and it is true for me! I can never get enough of their crazy antics.

As if any of us need an excuse to fuel our insanity!
Indeed! :lau

I tend to get awkward when it comes to posting vids when I talk in them, and even talking in vids in general, having social anxiety. But these crazy little birds really bring me out of my shell. :) I read that Silkies, and chickens in general, do make good therapy and emotional support animals, and it is true for me! I can never get enough of their crazy antics.
That's why I write my blog ... chronicles my 'chicken therapy' :) ... my safe place from the evils of the world. You keep right on shooting your videos ... whether you share them or not, you'll love doing it and looking back on it later! (but please share them!)

Back
Top Bottom