Do your chickens have "paws"?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Nov 20, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    When we in the meat dept. at the grocery store the other day when I noticed a package of chicken feet labeled as "chicken PAWS". I try to avoid looking at those packages, but I was looking for a few good-sized packages of wings and well, there they were. (I'm silly, I know [​IMG] )
    I can't believe they labeled em paws. Sounds like somebody is a little too far removed from the farm.
    DH says they probably labeled em like that because paws sounds better than feet. I say you can look at the package and clealy see that they are FEET. [​IMG]

2. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I guess they were referring to the pad on the bottom of the feet as a "paw"?!?!? Not sure but thats a new one on me [​IMG] Here they just call them "chicken feet"

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Well I also noticed that they do label cow tongue as what it is, cow tongue. *EEK!* Memories of childhood and having to eat tongue once a week cuz it was cheap and my parents had alot of kids to feed. [​IMG]

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Seen one of those yesterday in the meat section and they also had the heart right below the tongue. I almost asked the meat manager (a friend of mine) if he was planning on putting the cow back in order in the meat section [​IMG] you know tongue, heart, liver, etc. [​IMG] Like a big meat puzzle

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Quote:We saw Meat Puzzle in concert this summer. Great show.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Here I came thinking this was gonna be one of those Maws and Paws Redneck threads, and turns out your talkin chicken feet. [​IMG]

8. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    I'm not sure I've ever seen chicken paws (or feet) at the meat counter in town....

[​IMG]

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:You're not missing much! [​IMG]
    How do I say this in a nice way? I think it has to do with the demograhics of the town. [​IMG]

10. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:Well I also noticed that they do label cow tongue as what it is, cow tongue. *EEK!* Memories of childhood and having to eat tongue once a week cuz it was cheap and my parents had alot of kids to feed. [​IMG]

Oh goodness gracious, what an awful memory. You just had to bring it up. To this day I feel like gagging when I remember that weekly dinner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by