Do your friends and family

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    give you chicken knick knacks?

Before I had the chooks I had the horse. And the rabbits. And I didnt get horse or rabbit stuff all the time. And I talk about the horse and rabbits as much as I now talk about my chooks.
    But my house wasnt being filled with horse or rabbit mugs, boxes and other things. Now every time my mom heads out to the second hand "junk" store I end up with chicken related "stuff"
    My daughter has 5 of those mini beanie babies that McDonalds had in their happy meals a bit ago.

I am pretty sure that if I asked for something chicken related for Christmas or my birthday I will get it. But years of asking for a horse picture frame, wallet, pendant, brush box, brushes, fly mask, etc got the "I am not getting you something horse related" Granted when I was competing my dad would send me $$ for entry fees. And my mom did find me a beautiful picture frame with horses on it years ago on her travels. But the chickens are just bringing it out!! The mug they, my daughter and mom got me is really hideous. I will not use it. I am thinking of telling them I brought it to work with me and leaving it on the side of the road someplace. But my daughter thinks it's awesome.. so I am stuck.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It's because there is a ton of chicken everything out there, almost anywhere you go. Also, people consider it normal to have a horse or a rabbit, but to fall in love with chickens?? It is such a novelty to so many people they think we want everything chicken. My fiance is talking about getting chicken cannisters - I said "Um, no thanks". YIKES!

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    YES! I have so much chicken stuff that I don't know where to put it any more. Got to remember to tell my kids no chickens stuff for Christmas this year! ![​IMG]

4. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    I have a sister-in-law who collects rooster stuff though she has never had chickens. I doubt very much I'll get anything because we don't exchange names at Christmas anymore. Now for the longest time my family used to get me puffin stuff every time they would visit Maine.

DH's family seemed to feel everyone should be a collector and as I kept telling them I DON'T want to collect anything I shut them up finally by saying I collect pelicans. Not a lot of that stuff in Michigan. Then my in-laws bought a winter house in Florida. One guess what happened next?

But as I said, we don't exchange presents anymore so no more pelicans either. [​IMG]

5. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I wanna see the mug!!!

6. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:Hey, where in NE MI are u???? (Are you in Hell???)

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Yes. Here are some photos of my collection. It has been in the making since I was about 10 years old (I am now almost 27).

Be afraid, be very, very afraid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is only about half of the stuff. You would not believe the things I have that are shaped like a chicken. (tape dispenser, soap dish, lamps, all my dishes and silverware have chickens on them...)

Christmas tree photos will come later this year. I have about 20 chicken ornaments.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  8. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    i don't have any chicken stuff......wait i take it back i have a chicken by my fire place. it is actual size. i am going to dress it up for the holidays.

9. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    Chicken Lady - I am soooo jealous.

10. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    Quote:Hell is in southern Michigan. It would have to freeze over before it moved this far north. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by