Do your Guineas do this?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by racuda, Nov 13, 2010.

1. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hunterblu123

hunterblu123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    SW Ohio
    maybe they want to be helpful and clean the gutters out [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  3. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Our guineas LOVE the roof of our barn! One of the males ("Papa Murphy") loves to go on the edge of the very top peak of the barn roof and screech at everyone and everything. Makes me chuckle. [​IMG] First few times it made me nervous, because he's an inch away from a thirty foot drop off. But then I realized... he's a guinea, LOL. He'll be fine!

Also, a few days ago I was milking my cow, Jenny, and three guineas perched on the edge of the roof and craned their necks to watch me milk several feet below them! It was so funny to see their toes hanging off the edge, with their heads craned down doing herky-jerky movements and making their funny noises. [​IMG]

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

yes, they do.

5. JCoogle

JCoogle Chillin' With My Peeps

I wish mine did so we didn't have to chase them into the coops at night. My turkeys started doing that till the first cold snap and then they decided to go back home.

6. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:I wish they would! It's the curse of living deep in the middle of the woods. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  7. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Well of course they do and sometimes i have 100 or more up there on my roof,sounds like a thunderstorm inside my house [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 2many2count

2many2count Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Illinois
    OMW...guineas seem to go where and when they want.....and are never quiet [​IMG] Dont worry I called DH one day at work panic cause they were on roof and I couldnt get em down cause with my back I couldnt lift ladder [​IMG] he said hun they are birds they flew up there they wil fly back down when ready they wont fall and get hurt.....me thinks he was being smarty pants but oh well

zazouse are you nuts to have that many guineas......we only have 5 and they drive me bonkers most days

9. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    They get up there first thing in the morning after they eat and also in the evening before they go to roost in the greenhouse and trees beside it, the rest of the time they are somewhere on this 100 acres doing what guines do.
    [​IMG]

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Mine usually have races on the metal barn roof....at least that's what it sounds like from inside [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by