do your kids share a room?

My two boys-16 & 9 share the biggest bedroom and my daughter-17 has her own room, but its the smallest one. The boys have shared a room since my youngest moved from crib to bed. I am sure my older son doesn't really like it, but he deals with it.

Do what you can, kids can/will adapt and they will be fine. They just need reminded every so often this is how it is, how its going to be and no amount of complaining will change things.

If my older son complains, I just tell him that when he has enough money to build an addition on our house, then by all means, he can have his own room lol. It usually shuts him up pretty quick!

I have a four bedroom house. My boys, 11 and 8, share a bedroom by choice. This way we have a bedroom for the boys, a gameroom/guest room, an office and a bedroom for the parents. All our bedrooms are fairly small, 10X12 range for all except the master.

When I was a kid I shared the living room with my brother until he was about middle school range, then he moved to the unfinished attic (in Alaska). I find it very strange that states are saying same sex children cannot share rooms. I know this is true from section 8 housing and foster care, but for everyone? Seems strange to me!

I meant different sexed. I guess I sort of understand, but what a hotels, camping etc? Do kids of opposite sexes have to have seperate tents?

Last edited:
mom'sfolly :

I have a four bedroom house. My boys, 11 and 8, share a bedroom by choice. This way we have a bedroom for the boys, a gameroom/guest room, an office and a bedroom for the parents. All our bedrooms are fairly small, 10X12 range for all except the master.

When I was a kid I shared the living room with my brother until he was about middle school range, then he moved to the unfinished attic (in Alaska). I find it very strange that states are saying same sex children cannot share rooms. I know this is true from section 8 housing and foster care, but for everyone? Seems strange to me!

That's the law but who's checking....LOL my sister and i shared a 60sqft room. Nobody will ever know~​

I would move or make the basement livable.....to much age gap.

I have 4 kids (12 yrs, 4yrs, 3yrs & 16months) and a 3 bedroom house. We built a room in the basement so the 12 year old could have his own room. The 4 and 3 year old have their own room for now and the baby is in a crib in my room. We aren't ready to give him up yet. He will share a room with the 3 year old...next year we will build another room in the basement.

If you have a rental and can't move look into a sump pump and put up dividers to make a bedroom for your oldest. Maybe your landlord will split the cost of sealing the basement or sump pump...better yet maybe they will do it....doesn't hurt to ask

everyone shares a room in my house
wink.png
Cept Batman

Upstairs.....

Stephen and my son Keven
Danielle Batman
Ashley and her daughter Brooklynne

Downstairs.....

Me and wife
Cheryl and Shanna

Add on's that are around a lot........

Nathan & the other Nathan, Tyler Katie, Ebony......

If me and the wife have a baby?
barnie.gif
:barnie
barnie.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif

Quote:
I would also get a good dehumidifier. They really make a damp basement livable. IF yours is even able to be redone. Don't put one of the kids down there that shows signs of upper respiratory problems either, as its going to have more damp and possibly mold than anywhere else in your house. Can you heat it from the furnace or would you have to have a different kind of supplemental heat? Safety is a big factor in putting a person in the basement, is the window big enough to get them out in case of fire? Don't want to burst your bubble, but I am a realtor and this is something that usually comes up with a basement room.

I keep thinking about your dilemma. . .we had four girls and a boy, and he always got his own room, as did our oldest DD. Is there anyway you can put a curtain between the rooms and give them their own privacy? I know the little ones won't "honor" the curtain, but it might help. Especially if each girl gets to decorate their side to their own liking . . .just thinking out loud on this one.

good point! maybe even make the something to hang on the curtin okay to come in not okay to come in? You know so they can still be close but still have privacy too.

My boys do share and have since my youngest was about 6mos. There is room here for them to be apart, but they don't want to be. Of course, they are only 19mos apart and act like they are twins so that's probably not much help.

Back
Top Bottom