Do your other animals get along with your Chickens? Post your Pics!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by RMo2, Jan 13, 2013.

1. RMo2

RMo2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    Our dog Lucy loves the chickens. When the girls were just chicks, she would sleep outside the brooder. She would put her paws up on the side and peek over the edge to check on them. When I let Maxine out of the brooder she got upset and nudged her back to the brooder! Now, she loves free-ranging with the girls and looking for treats out in the yard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What "friends" do your chickens have? Let's see the pictures!!!

2. Nike

Nike Young&Beautiful

Jul 8, 2012
    My Coop
    Awww Lucy is adorable!

My cats do. One of the kittens would lay on it's back and watch the chickens out in the yard for awhile. So adorable!

[​IMG]

3. RMo2

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    Aww [​IMG]that is sweet! Our cat could take or leave the chickens... completely unimpressed by them, lol!

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwwww, [​IMG] All my animals get along really well. We just got a 20 month old Great Dane, he weighs 144lbs! We are teaching him to be gentle with all the critters, and he is learning. He doesn't want to really hurt them, its just that he is so BIG, and they like to run from him is all! I believe that most animals can get along, if brought up properly. [​IMG]

5. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    My rabbits get along well with my flock (check out my avatar lol)

6. RMo2

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    Aww- cute!!

My girls chase the wild rabbits in our yard... they start out really stealthy like they are stalking them, and then its a full out run for a few seconds... cracks me up! Though I am pretty sure the rabbits do not think so!

7. my dogs get along with my chickens great

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by