1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

do your sexlinks lay every day?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jennmugg, Sep 2, 2009.

1. jennmugg

jennmugg Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    Titusville Florida
    I have 6, all about the same age. I've only been getting four eggs a day total for the past two weeks.

2. hangin'witthepeeps

hangin'witthepeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Colbert, GA
    I have two. One started at 15 weeks old every day for 8 days then took a day off. Now everyday since. Then my other did not lay until 20 weeks, she did the same thing but lays for 8 days and takes a day off.

3. flymamma

flymamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    My rsl gal has been laying for 14 days she has missed 2 days ... unless someone else is laying and she getting credit for it . I have 10 others in the coop with her .... But she is the one that sings the egg song all darn day long !

4. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    you don't mention how old they are, or how long they have been laying. If they are just starting, sometimes they are on and off a little. If they are older, have they started to molt?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by