Doa

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Suziers, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Suziers

Suziers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    I am horrified.

I ordered 6 chicks from Mypetchicken. They were shipped on Monday. Expected to arrive Tuesday. They came today (Thursday) and 5 of the 6 were dead. The 6th died about 1/2 hour ago. Bleh. Opening that box was all the things nightmares are made of.....

Called the company and they were apologetic and will resend replacements (though very few of the ones I ordered are available until June so I will need to settle) but I just feel so horrible for those poor chicks and the ordeal they went through.

I did my research and know this is not business as usual for this company-but man-what a rotten day!

Suzie

2. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I am so sorry for your loss!

3. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] sorry

4. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Oh man, I am soo sorry. I hope the replacements are all good.

5. duckking

duckking Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    Oh Geeeeez. I am so sorry. I know how awful we felt when we opened the box and found 1 dead. [​IMG]

6. sparklechicken

sparklechicken Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2010
    Creston, Ca
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry. My mypetchicken.com order shipped on Monday too, and my little faverolle chick died a few hours after I got the box, and I still haven't recovered. You must be feeling the same way x5! My most sincere condolences, that's truly heartbreaking. I live in California and mine arrived on Tuesday, so hopefully your order was a one-time post office flub and your new babies will arrive speedily.

7. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    I am so sorry. I had that happen with my shipment from McMurray, but it was 26 chicks. Three are still surviving. Ask if My Pet Chicken can get a heat pack put in the box, or packing peanuts. They may be getting cold.

8. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Every time I think about ordering chicks, I see one of these posts. It seems like I've read a hundred of them. [​IMG] I really think I am on the verge of being anti-shipping when it comes to chicks.

MPC does include heat packs, right?

9. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I can tell you that the two times I have ordered from MPC have been good experiences...hopefully it will be for you next time...

10. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    That sux. After all I have read about shipped chickies, I will never order chicks throught the mail. Thank goodness we are so fortunate as to have several very good local feed stored that get an excellent range of breeds, both common and rare. And that we get them EARLY in the season.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by