Doc told me to take it easy: Prob. Lymphangitis, WhiteBloodCell Check

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by MichiganWoods, May 19, 2009.

1. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    I was working on a building project last night when I happened to run my hand across my neck (which was sore) and found this huge lump sticking out of the side of it. What the heck?! I opted to leave the kids with DH and drive down to the urgent care center. I'd been fatigued pretty much all day, but paid no mind to it. So after a 3 hour wait to be seen, I find out it's a swollen lymphnode. As the doc described it, "It's like someone took a frozen pea and shoved it under your skin." How eloquent. [​IMG] Never in my life have I had one like this. Crazy weird. They drew some blood and are testing me for Mono, and told me to take it easy until they get the results back in 2 days. If I *do* have Mono, any hard labor could cause my spleen to rupture. Ooooh joy.

Man do I hate being sentenced to "bed rest".

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Get feeling better girly!

3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    I hope you are feeling better soon!

P.S. This evening starts day 21! I have 4 with definite chicks in them! [​IMG]

4. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    Thanks you two. [​IMG] I'm tryin'.

It's a good thing this emoticon can show my excitement, even if I can't do it in real life!
    [​IMG]
    Can't wait to see pics from your hatch, babymakes5! Good luck!! [​IMG]

5. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    I had 2 Orpingtons hatch yesterday from Miss Prissy, they are the same size as the 2-week-old bantam Cochins Miss Jayne brought me!

6. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Quote:Ack...hope you dont have it. My DS has it and gave it to me so..while he's recouping much faster and is ready to play and run, I on the other hand.. am down for the count. [​IMG] He must've had it for a few weeks prior to me taking him to the dr because he's doing much better and isnt as tired as he'd been. Me on the other hand... OMG..I'm down for the count most days.

Drink lots of water to stay hydrated and rest.. rest....rest. I try to get things done but, I end up wiping myself out on the days I do feel better, causing myself to be 10 times worse than I originally felt. I hope you dont have it and that maybe its just an infection from sinuses or something that settled into your lymph nodes that antibiotics can clear. Drs right though - no jumping or hard labor type of things - i thought I could cut the grass on the riding lawnmower...big mistake that was. I was down for the count the next day all day long and my stomach hurt awful.

Be careful and get better soon!

7. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I hope you feel better soon! [​IMG] Stay in that bed!!![​IMG]

8. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Hope you have a speedy recovery. Since it was sore, that's actually a good thing. If it's not sore, then be worried. [​IMG]

9. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I am praying for you. I hope it goes away and was just one of those odd things. It stinks you are stuck on the rest yak
    Keep us updated!

10. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

Take it easy and will be praying for speedy healing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by