Doc told me to take it easy: Prob. Lymphangitis, WhiteBloodCell Check

MichiganWoods

DD (Artistic Digital Diva)
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
West Michigan
I was working on a building project last night when I happened to run my hand across my neck (which was sore) and found this huge lump sticking out of the side of it. What the heck?! I opted to leave the kids with DH and drive down to the urgent care center. I'd been fatigued pretty much all day, but paid no mind to it. So after a 3 hour wait to be seen, I find out it's a swollen lymphnode. As the doc described it, "It's like someone took a frozen pea and shoved it under your skin." How eloquent.
roll.png
Never in my life have I had one like this. Crazy weird. They drew some blood and are testing me for Mono, and told me to take it easy until they get the results back in 2 days. If I *do* have Mono, any hard labor could cause my spleen to rupture. Ooooh joy.

Man do I hate being sentenced to "bed rest".

Last edited:
Thanks you two.
smile.png
I'm tryin'.

It's a good thing this emoticon can show my excitement, even if I can't do it in real life!
wee.gif

Can't wait to see pics from your hatch, babymakes5! Good luck!!
smile.png

Quote:
Ack...hope you dont have it. My DS has it and gave it to me so..while he's recouping much faster and is ready to play and run, I on the other hand.. am down for the count.
hmm.png
He must've had it for a few weeks prior to me taking him to the dr because he's doing much better and isnt as tired as he'd been. Me on the other hand... OMG..I'm down for the count most days.

Drink lots of water to stay hydrated and rest.. rest....rest. I try to get things done but, I end up wiping myself out on the days I do feel better, causing myself to be 10 times worse than I originally felt. I hope you dont have it and that maybe its just an infection from sinuses or something that settled into your lymph nodes that antibiotics can clear. Drs right though - no jumping or hard labor type of things - i thought I could cut the grass on the riding lawnmower...big mistake that was. I was down for the count the next day all day long and my stomach hurt awful.

Be careful and get better soon!

Back
Top Bottom