Doctor Who season 4 finale.........It was great!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FLchook, Jul 16, 2008.

1. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    I know there are a few other Doctor Who fans out there...whatcha think of the season ending? I thought it was great. If I couldnt have it the way I wanted it, it was the next best thing!!!!!

I wont spoil it if some havent had the chance to see it. I so cant wait for it to come out on DVD!!!!

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Didnt care for Dr Who but hubbys loves the show! He will be disappointed to see it go!

3. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    see it go?? you mean the end of the season.....or the original shows?

4. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    [​IMG] We dont have tv anymore as we "unplugged" about 4 months ago. I LOVE Dr Who!!! I grew up with it on our local PBS station... Guess I'll have to rent it and put it on after the kids go to bed. Sheesh, what a hypocrite I have become...

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I thought you mean season finale...meaning no more Dr Who shows. Bummer LOL!

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Hubby and I missed the WHOLE season! Were going to rent it..shhh don't tell me what happens! [​IMG]

7. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* We were pretty hard-core Who fans when we lived in Cali, convention memorablia and the t-shirts to prove it. Here though it comes on at strange hours. 5pm Thursdays and 2am Sundays, I think. We can't keep up.

8. Greyscale Rainbow

Greyscale Rainbow Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2008
    Bristol, England
    I actually had no idea that you have Dr Who in the US. I love it too! There won't be another series until 2010 (when Stephen Moffatt takes over from Russell T Davies) but there will be a Christmas special [​IMG]

It's filmed about an hour away from here in Cardiff (the capital of Wales) which explains why there are always alien invasions of Cardiff [​IMG]

If you want to see some of the 26 series made between 1963 and 1989 (although they are all famously low budget) then they will probably be available on YouTube. However, I much prefer the ones made with Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant (I don't care that he's three times my age, he's still darn hot!)

9. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    no one, NO ONE, beats Tom Baker!!!!!!!!

The cheesy, low budget props and special effects are what made me love the show.

10. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Um, the curls and the goofy grin!! (blush)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by