1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Doctored Eggs???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by OneCuteShasta, Mar 20, 2009.

1. OneCuteShasta

OneCuteShasta Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2007
    Tropical oHIo
  2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Well I am not an expert ,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  3. needtohatch

needtohatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    In looking at thier feedback they have sold these types of eggs and many more with 100% positive feedback. I would guess they are really that dark. I hope someone who knows the breed will come along and answer your question.

4. Ole Mule

Ole Mule Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2007
    South Carolina
    They appear normal and are probably the real deal.

5. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Bright red is normal? Is it just my monitor cause those don't look dark. They look very very red. Redder than the barnevelder eggs I was thinking of getting.

6. OneCuteShasta

OneCuteShasta Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2007
    Tropical oHIo
  7. needtohatch

needtohatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    I did not think they look "bright" red, but it could be my really really old (like 8+ yrs) moniter. It could also be their camera did not get the color correct???? When I buy off ebay I look at their feedback and theirs does have lots and lots of eggs they have sold, including ones listed just like these. You could also send them a message asking for another pic, or if the pic they posted is off on the color.

8. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Don't know if the camera or your monitor made the color look redder, But I did notice they have a really high feedback and 100% feedback rating- So they must have good eggs. Don't marans eggs sometimes lighten and darken up at certain times. maybe email the seller and ask if they get darker at certain time or not. They evidently are pretty honest or somebody would have complained.

9. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    bad picture exposure is my guess. not doctored just a bad photo.

10. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    My guess would be maybe the camera has it's color menu tinted or the light in the room, just poor camera shot is the likely culprit.

AL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by