Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi

7L Farm

Songster
9 Years
Jul 22, 2010
Anderson, Texas
I bought a used 4X4 with 8000 miles & was wondering if anyone else has one. My truck gets about 13 miles per gallon I need to get better gas mileage. I added dual exhaust & I'm gonna add a KN air filter. What else could I do ? Mines a 2008 Quad cab. I think I bought a racing truck. I was driving a 2000 Toyota Tacoma V-6 3.9 liter.

The word "Hemi" said it all
smile.png

We have an 04 and it runs great. Its a gas sucker though, but it has a lot of power. The only thing I ever had to take it to a mechanic for is when dirt got up around the U joint and it came with some bad brake pads. You don't get much out of your tires though, 20,00 on my first pair...

not much gonna help..05 ram quad 4x4..dual exhaust doesn't do much, k&n did not help...can get a chip but more for performance and increased hp..maybe little better milage..on the bright side adding 6 inches of lift and putting 35x13.5x17 inch tires doesnt lower the mpg much either

I bought my F150 4x4 new in 2001. It now has over 300,000 miles on it and is still going. I have put a new transmission in it, new alternator, serpentine belt, and of course, batteries, spark plugs, and air filters. Yes it uses more gas than a Toyota...but when it snows or sleets...I am not stranded! I have NEVER not been able to get home or to work or where ever I needed to go. I have also pulled a lot of folks out of ditches or medians, taken coworkers home when they couldn't get there, or pulled them up a snowy hill that they could not get up. I LOVE MY TRUCK! I will NEVER be without 4 wheel drive again.

I would get a ford if the transmissions wouldn't go out so much. Seems like its been that way for a long time... The new Toyota Tacoma is a good little truck, but no where near the power...

Back
Top Bottom