1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Doe Bleeding 28 days pregnant

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jeremiah247, Feb 26, 2016.

1. jeremiah247

jeremiah247 New Egg

Feb 26, 2016
    My rabbit is 28 days pregnant and is bleeding from her vagina. Does anyone have any idea why?

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Rabbits typically will have some blood-tinged, watery discharge from the vent after kindling, but I've never heard of one doing it before. Are you sure she hasn't already given birth? I have had does deliver kits when they were at 21 to 26 days' gestation; the kits all died because they were clearly not mature enough to live. I can remember one litter born at 27 days; some of them did make it. I have had a few litters born at 28 days' gestation that looked "full term," and evidently, they were - but those were numerically huge litters (13, 14 kits).

Does may have a discharge when the process of delivery gets halted by a kit being stuck, but that usually happens because a kit is very large. At 28 days' gestation, a kit simply hasn't had enough time to grow that big.

I dunno - it's a puzzle to me.[​IMG]

3. jeremiah247

jeremiah247 New Egg

Feb 26, 2016
    The only way she would of had them is if she ate them she is in a cage box. Today there was blood again she acts fine eats drinks I tried reasearching it and cant find anything.

4. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    That is certainly possible. Not likely, but possible, particularly if she just had one or two.

5. jeremiah247

jeremiah247 New Egg

Feb 26, 2016
    She had babies today but stupid rabbit decide to have 4 outside the box. its cold here so they were away from the heat lamp I had setup but brought the four cold lifless babies in the house and put some warm towels on them and two are moving around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by