Doe twitching

proudpiggyfarm

In the Brooder
Feb 4, 2022
Hi! We are new to goats and recently had our first birth here. Nigerian dwarfs. She had her 2 babies almost three weeks ago. It was her first birth and everything went smoothly. She is just over 1 year old. The pregnancy was a whoopsie due to us being so new at this. The mama has been twitching the last few days. Heavily twitching. Like her leg lifts when she twitches. She also keeps licking the air or her lips I'm not sure. She has plenty of access to hay and water 24/7 and is also on goat pellets from minor bros. I'd say she looks a bit bloated as she's currently bigger than she was after she gave birth. She is also leaking a brownish fluid from her vagina that I didn't notice until about a day ago. It isn't heavy but occasional (I assumed this was leakage after birth since the babies are not quite three weeks old but I honestly have no idea). Not sure if these two issues are related. Quite stressed out about it and couldn't get through to my vet today. Any help is appreciated!!! Thankyou in advance!

Back
Top Bottom