Does any body know what breeds these chickens and bantams are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by carmstrong, Jan 2, 2013.

1. carmstrong

carmstrong Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2012
    Hi,
    I have started keeping chickens and have a mixture of bantams and chickens. I know that the bantams are pekins but would be grateful

if someone could tell me the colour name of each bantam. I dont have any idea what bread the chickens are so if anyone could tell me I would be very grateful. Thanks[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NosiphoChooks

NosiphoChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    The first two looks like lavender orpington bantams, lavender is the colour.

In the next photo the two mottled ones look like cochin bantams and the colour of them is millefleur. The big red chicken in the middle is a red sex link. Can't really see the two other chooks on the right of the image so haven't guessed at them.

The black one in the bottom pic looks to be a black orpington maybe and not sure about the white one sorry. I'm a newbie and don't have much experience but wanted to have a guess!

3. carmstrong

carmstrong Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2012
    Thank you for replying I have also done a bit of research and I think you are right on all accounts! Thank you for your help :)

4. Druantai

Druantai Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I also don't know about the white one at the bottom, But I agree with everyone else.

5. The first two are Lavender Cochins. Orpingtons do not have feathered feet.

The one on the left of the second picture looks like a splash Cochin, but it looks like a combination of colors.......the big red one is a sex link. The Cochin on the right could be a Millie fleur Cochin, but those are rare so I doubt it. I'd say she's mottled, but she doesn't have very good coloring. I can't really see the two on the right edge.

Could you get better pics of the last two? And could you tell us what color the black one's feet are? I'd say the white one's a mutt, but I could be wrong.....

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I agree here - but to me the colour is blue barred. There is barring going on in these birds. It's stunning.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  7. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the first 2 are slightly barred making them blue barred cochin
    looks like either a blue mottled or a splash cochin, a red sex link and a milli cochin
    looks like it maybe an assui and the white might be a white wyandotte or a mix

8. CinnamonQueen

CinnamonQueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    Texas
    One thing for sure: Those are beautiful birds. [​IMG]

9. mohawkbrian

mohawkbrian Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    the bantams are pekins npt cochins. I know because i breed pekins then a red.sex link a white wyabdotte and a mutt which could be anything

10. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

You must be from the UK or Australia? We do not call them Pekins here, but they are indeed the same thing as Cochins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by