Does any one else have dishydrosis?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by quintinp, Nov 12, 2011.

1. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    I was wanting to know how you have dealt with it.

2. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    I have to admit when I first read the title I thought it was the "the fear of doing dishes" and thought about my sink......

But on a serious note, I hope you figure this out. I looked up what it is and the acute version looks really hard to deal with on a daily basis. My mom gets something very similar every time we would fly home to Denmark. We always thought it was the soap, cause we were usually there to help my grandma get ready for a big birthday party. I get rashes of those small dots on my thumb periodically. They blister with tiny dots, itch like mad and then vanish. I just thought it was odd spiders kept biting the same place on the same finger regularly.

3. michelle89

michelle89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    I stumbled upon this post this morning and I was curious as to what "dishydrosis" was. I went to the Mayo clinic website. I have been dealing with this rash on my thumb for the past six months, it goes away for a week or two and then comes right back. Intense itching and little bumps, then the skin cracks open and hurts like heck! I had one Dr tell me it was scabies I used the cream they gave me, it didn't go away. Its only on my thumb. If you'd like you can pm me I'd like to hear what you do for it. I'm calling my Dr on Monday with the info I've found on the internet, thats pretty sad when you have to self diagnose yourself, isn't that what Dr's get paid for? Hahaha

4. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Every February without fail I start to get tiny fluid filled blisters on my hands and feet that itch like crazy. I usually scratch them until they bleed and then the skin gets dry, red and cracked. It lasts until about May or June before it disappears until Feb again. I asked the doc and the chemist about it a few years back and they just suggested extra moisturiser so I haven't bothered pursuing it, I just deal with it but this is the closest I have had to a diagnosis. It really sounds like it fits. Thank you!

5. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Well,I have found out that it is a form of eczema. I have started to use cortizone 10 maximum strength, and it has worked pretty well.

6. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    My aunt said that she had the same problem, and prescribed vaginal cream, but then she figured out what it was, and told me to use
    Mentholatem jelly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by