Does any one Know the results

Ryder

Songster
Oct 16, 2018
Ozark Missouri
I have a Half French Cuckoo maran and Half French Black Maran his feathering is Cuckoo (single Barred feathers) if I breed him to this hen what will the chicks look like?
images

sylviethecochin

Free Ranging
Jun 14, 2017
Central PA
So she's probably dominant white with red leakage. My guess is (E/e^b) for the e-locus or pattern gene. She's probably also (I/i) or half dominant white, and half no white. Going on that hypothesis, the most likely scenario is that she's black based (rather than blue or splash) based on the few random black feathers on her back (bl/bl). No barring (b/-)

Father is E/E in the e-locus, i/i (no dominant white genes), bl/bl black, B/b single-barred.

Half of the chicks'll be E/E, half will be E/e^b (They'll all have extended black patterning, but the second has higher probability of leakage)
Half of the chicks'll have I/i, and half will have i/i. So half will have dominant white and half won't.
All of the chicks should be bl/bl or black-based.
Half of the chicks will inherit barring from their father and half won't.

So in summary:
1/8 of your chicks should be E/E, I/i, bl/bl and B/- or B/b (Solid-patterned white with a black base and barring)
1/8 of your chicks should be E/e^b, I/i, bl/bl and B/- or B/b (probably leakage on chest, face, shoulders with white coloration, black base, and barring)
1/8 of your chicks should be E/E, i/i, bl/bl, and B/- or B/b (solid-patterned, no dominant white, black, single-barred) LIKE DAD
1/8 should be E/e^b, i/i bl/bl and B/- or B/b (solid patterned with possible leakage, black, single-barred)
1/8 E/E, i/i, bl/bl, b/- or b/- (solid patterned, black, no barring)
1/8 E/e^b, i/i, bl/bl, b/- or b/b (solid patterned w/leakage, black, no barring)
1/8 of your chicks should be E/E, I/i, bl/bl and b/- or b/b (Solid-patterned white with a black base and no barring)
1/8 of your chicks should be E/e^b, I/i, bl/bl and b/- or b/b (probably leakage on chest, face, shoulders with white coloration, black base, and no barring) LIKE MUM

May or may not be bearded. I'm guessing at least half will be, based on mum's big, fluffy beard, but who knows?

Ryder

Songster
Oct 16, 2018
Ozark Missouri
So she's probably dominant white with red leakage. My guess is (E/e^b) for the e-locus or pattern gene. She's probably also (I/i) or half dominant white, and half no white. Going on that hypothesis, the most likely scenario is that she's black based (rather than blue or splash) based on the few random black feathers on her back (bl/bl). No barring (b/-)

Father is E/E in the e-locus, i/i (no dominant white genes), bl/bl black, B/b single-barred.

Half of the chicks'll be E/E, half will be E/e^b (They'll all have extended black patterning, but the second has higher probability of leakage)
Half of the chicks'll have I/i, and half will have i/i. So half will have dominant white and half won't.
All of the chicks should be bl/bl or black-based.
Half of the chicks will inherit barring from their father and half won't.

So in summary:
1/8 of your chicks should be E/E, I/i, bl/bl and B/- or B/b (Solid-patterned white with a black base and barring)
1/8 of your chicks should be E/e^b, I/i, bl/bl and B/- or B/b (probably leakage on chest, face, shoulders with white coloration, black base, and barring)
1/8 of your chicks should be E/E, i/i, bl/bl, and B/- or B/b (solid-patterned, no dominant white, black, single-barred) LIKE DAD
1/8 should be E/e^b, i/i bl/bl and B/- or B/b (solid patterned with possible leakage, black, single-barred)
1/8 E/E, i/i, bl/bl, b/- or b/- (solid patterned, black, no barring)
1/8 E/e^b, i/i, bl/bl, b/- or b/b (solid patterned w/leakage, black, no barring)
1/8 of your chicks should be E/E, I/i, bl/bl and b/- or b/b (Solid-patterned white with a black base and no barring)
1/8 of your chicks should be E/e^b, I/i, bl/bl and b/- or b/b (probably leakage on chest, face, shoulders with white coloration, black base, and no barring) LIKE MUM

May or may not be bearded. I'm guessing at least half will be, based on mum's big, fluffy beard, but who knows?
Thanks that helps!!!

Top Bottom