Does any one know.................

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickenpoor, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Chickenpoor

Chickenpoor Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2011
    Westminster, SC
    [​IMG] Does anyone know where I can get several dozen low priced fertile hatching eggs from purebred laying breed chickens? I don't care what breeds they are as long as they are purebred and low priced as I dont have much money to spend right now. I have found some but the prices are kind of high which I dont mind paying that much for the eggs but by the time shipping is added its just ridiculous.[​IMG]

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Look on the auctions here or post a wanted to buy. I have eggs I could send you but they are mixes not pure. If you have hatching eggs you could get in on the egg swaps. Or try Ebay

3. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    There are some who buy the fertile eggs at the grocery store and incubate those out -- you may want to read the threads discussing that option.

4. Pascal PicklePants

Pascal PicklePants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    Boise, ID
    Quote:Trader Joes, and other organic co-op type grocers sometimes have them.

I looked into doing that here in Minnesota, but nobody carries fertile eggs, so I think it's regional. I know the California TJ's have them

5. Pascal PicklePants

Pascal PicklePants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    Boise, ID
    It may require a little leg work, but you could try to ask around and see if you can find a smaller hatchery (or breeder) nearby. That's what I did. It took a while, but I finally found a guy within driving distance that sells really good "pure" stock. 2hr round trip drive, but worth it to save shipping costs and dramas, imao.

Good Luck!

6. Jessiewoodard57

Jessiewoodard57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    you might try your local feed stores. Ours has a bulletin board where items are posted for sale. If not they may know a source.

7. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    put an ad on craigslist and set your price.
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by