does any one no any were to buy cheap iams dog food?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Johnn, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    Iams i really expensive and id love to no were to get it cheaper?

2. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    switch to 4Health sold at Tractor Supply. It is a little cheaper and WAY higher quality

3. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I am not a dog owner, but I think the cheapest was Walmart?

4. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  5. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Iams is expensive and not even quality food. Do yourself a favor and find something else to feed.

6. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    Iams usually prints coupons in the inserts. If this thread would have been 2 days ago I could have sent you a huge stack of coupons but I mailed them to Georgia this morning! Also look online for coupons. I don't have dogs so I don't know the prices w/o coupons but the coupons are usually $1 or more off.

edited to say- when we did have dogs we mostly fed ground beef with rice and vegetables. I would get the ground beef in the 10lb roll (usually on sale) and cook it all up with the rice and veggies, freeze into individual portions and serve it up. We had White German Shepherds and they loved it!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  7. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I feed diamond and it is $30 a 40 lb bag plus tax. It is a better quality food for your dogs then Iams.

It lasts 3 weeks for one saint and 4 dachshunds at free choice. [​IMG]

8. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    what they said. I couldn't be PAID to feed Iams. If you check the ingredient list, it's the same crappy ingredients as Ol' Roy and other cheap foods.

Nutri Source is a good food. As is 4Health and Kirkland(?? the brand sold at CostCo).

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Here too. We feed Diamond Naturals Lamb and Rice. Was feeding TOTW but Jax got to where he wouldn't touch it. Plus, Diamond is cheaper than several other premium brands.

10. Windrider

Windrider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Quote:I agree! That Kirkland food is about the best food for the price out there. Taste of the Wild is one of the five star foods and it doesn't cost much more than Iams. You will find, like I did, that you have to feed MUCH less of the good stuff to keep the dog in the same (or usually better) condition. I think I ended up even SAVING money when I switched my collie to TotW from the cheap crappy Purina that the rescue had her on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by