does any one want to buy 3 pain in the behind mini horses

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chixie, May 20, 2010.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    jk. the little boogers decided to break a board on their pasture and escape . when I tried to catch them they decided to run down the road. one slipped on the pavement and scraped up her knees. luckily no cars were coming down our road. finally they decided to let me catch them with a bucket of feed. I had to lead 2 home and let my little stud run and follow me. the could have ran to the end of the road that is a dead end but no they had to run towards the high way. I am so mad I want to scream... they nare nothing but escape artist. the little stud was in my back yard and has learned that he can knock down the skirting and walk under my trailer to get out. fixed that problem and now he broke down the fence. I know one little boy who is getting gelded soon.

2. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Sounds like a good gelding is in order! [​IMG] I'd love to try minies, but sounds like as much trouble as my mustangs! Good luck!

3. john in wa

john in wa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    I now this off toppic. but wow Kountze Tx. i lived there for some time back in the early 90s. and still have lots of family in that area.

4. HennyJenny

HennyJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Bennington, NE
    That's funny! (Ok I guess not for you) but the other day I was going down the road and there was this huge quarter horse followed by three minis like they were having a parade. One of the most interesting things I've seen here in awhile. On the way back down the road those same three were going back down the road the other way - followed by the sheriff [​IMG]

I really wanted to know what happened - but after 20 minutes of "following" I turned off and took the long way home [​IMG]

Apparently the little guys are meant for entertainment. Not sure what Barnie Fife was up to but that just made it funnier on the way home.

5. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    If you really want to sell them you might want to rethink your marketing strategy LOL. I know you werent serious I bet the little buggers can get on your nerves when they wont be caught.

6. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Quote:wow. small world. I actually live between kountze, sour lake and lumberton

needless to say the fence will be changed really soon. I have a mustang also that is absolutely no problem. I also have a donkey that is major trouble.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  7. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Ah, minis! Gotta love 'em!

A friend of mine gave me a mini mule for this very reason - one too many escapes had taken her to the limit of her patience. A couple of months later, we moved her partner in crime ( a mini filly) over here. My fence was already goat and chicken proof, so it holds the minis, most of the time.

I still laugh when I remember coming home one morning, after dropping the kids off at school. As I got out of the car, I heard my husband's voice from behind the workshop, yelling words that we prefer that the kids not hear! I looked over that way, and here came Betsy (the mule), running just fast enough that Hubby couldn't catch her. Hubby, of course, was chasing her, which does no good at all. Chasing him was Syd (the mini), looking as if she was having the time of her life! When he saw me, Hubby pulled up and said, "Good, you're home. you can catch the blasted thing," and turned back to continue what he had been doing. Betsy was trotting toward me anyway, but I pulled a carrot slice out of my pocket, and there was no problem about getting her then (that mule would sell her soul for a carrot!) Seems that Hubs had been taking something into the pen, and left the gate open, unguarded, for just a second - which is all it takes, right?

There was another time, when I was hand grazing Betsy on the front lawn, when she decided she wanted to go for a walk. Off she went, with me on the other end of the leadrope. Normally, I prefer to be the one calling the shots, but Betsy had coliced a few days before, and I was so glad that she felt good enough to want to go, I just played along. A walk really wasn't on my agenda that day, but the mule was determined, so away we went! It turned into a very long walk (more than a mile), we still chuckle about the time I was "kidnapped" by a mini mule.[​IMG]

8. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    they did it again. I was at the bus stop waiting for my kids when I looked thru the rear view mirrors and saw the escapees . I turned the car around and they ran past my house down the pipe line and thru the woods. we spent an hour and a half trying to catch them. when they finally decided to lets us catch them we led them home. they reminded me of escaped convicts being led back to prison. needless to say I will be rebuilding fence today ... and I wont tell you all the names I have called them.

aparently they know my routine. they only do this when its time to get the kids from the bus

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    When mommy is away, its time to play (escape)!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

I never had that much problems with them escaping, they would do anything for a feed bucket!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by