Does anybody else love their chickens' feet?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by karmical, Sep 13, 2007.

1. karmical

karmical Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2007
    Honeoye Falls, NY
    My mom thinks I'm nuts....mostly because I just don't like any kind of feet in general....but I LOVE my chickens' feet! I have two favorite things: 1 is when they jump on my lap and manage to get perched with their toes around my hand, and: 2 is when they're either colder than me or warmer than me and I can feel their warm/cold feet when they're on my lap! Maybe mom's right.... [​IMG]

2. peepkeeper

peepkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2007
    upstate New York
    Ick! My chicken's feet, any bird's feet, is what I think is so very wrong with them. Scaly clawed prehistoric dinosaur things. They look like they don't belong.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    You're not nuts. I like to pick my chickens up and bend their toes with my fingers and put my finger under their feet and let them wrap their toes around my finger. It's so cool. I also think they have lovely toenails.

I sound like a nut now. I don't have a chicken foot fetish or anything I just think they have cool feet.

4. karmical

karmical Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2007
    Honeoye Falls, NY
    LOL.....Ah HA!! So I'm NOT alone! Thanks, s28chick [​IMG]

I'm actually a little surprised at myself that I'm not more in-line with the "ick" that peepkeeper described, but I actually DIG the whole "pre-historic" thing.

I'm a little on the fence about the toenails, but I'm always amazed that they don't scratch me when the girls wrap their toes around my hand. Such gentle birds [​IMG]

5. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    lol I am the same way about human feet..ick I dont care who's feet mine yours his hers...dont touch them to me or I freak out lol...im a nut, but I do love my silkies feet, they are so furry, and if it makes sense on the bottom they are "chubby" like loose skin so I poke at them and look at the toes and such lol. They are cute!

6. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I love Penny's feet because she's got that silkie extra toe on one...[​IMG]
    Slifer had interesting feet because all her toes but one were crooked. [​IMG]

7. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    does the fact that we(me and the kids) painted the guineas toesnails tonight mean I like thier feet, actually I did it because I,m trying to get the beasts to calm down about being touched, this way I know which ones I've held, they go crazy when first holing them but they eventually calm down then you paint thier toes and let them go. seems to work if you reget one with painted toes it calms down a lot quicker. DW thinks I'm nuts doing this but I already knew that the voices in my head tell me to just ignore her and she'll go away. [​IMG]

8. dragonlili

dragonlili Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    N Middle TN
    Ok, who has painted their chickens nails? They look so cute (the hens). My alpha roo was being a real butthed to EVERYONE one day so we caught him and painted his blue. Looked real patriotic on a barred rock. [​IMG]

9. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Dark blue today, Taxi cab yellow is next, its great having a daughter who has bunches of obnoxiuos colors

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by