Does anybody have a recipe for whip cream?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by peeps7, Nov 1, 2007.

1. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    We go through alot of fat free whip cream and I was just wondering if anybody has a recipe for that.

2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    ANYONE?????? PLEASE!!!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

The only kind of whipped cream I make from scratch is definately NOT low fat!! Are you wanting low fat....or the good old-fashioned loaded with fat kind? [​IMG]

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I think low fat whipped cream is made using a special process with extra's so that it actually whips. For as much as I know, if you make it at home, you need the cream part of it to get it to whip.

5. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I found this on the internet...I looked at several and this one was the best IMO. I'm not sure if it's good but I think it would work.

3 ounces no-fat cream cheese, at room temperature

1/2 cup no-fat sour cream

1 teaspoon vanilla

4 to 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar or maple sugar

1/4 cup silken tofu

Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, confectioners' sugar (or maple sugar) and tofu in a food processor fitted with the metal blade and process until smooth, scraping down the side of the work bowl several times. This will take 2 to 3 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar or vanilla to taste. Makes 1 cup.

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    There are some high speed stick blenders that will whip skim milk to a froth like whipped cream but it doesn't hold the form for long. You would have to whip it every time you wanted it.

7. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

I make lots of scones and I have put on so much fat in the last fortnight, im hoping to find a low fat yoghurt recipe to use instead of cream , perhaps that would suit you too!

8. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    I have never tried this, as we use the real stuff, but sparingly. However, I found this on line:

Mock Whipped Cream - lowfat
    3/4 tsp Unflavored gelatin
    1 tbsp Cold water
    1/2 c Nonfat dry milk powder
    1/2 c Ice water
    2 tb Confectioner's sugar
    1 ts Vanilla or other flavoring

A fluffy, all-purpose topping that can double as a filling. Properly whipped, it will be stiff enough to mound or pipe through a pastry bag.
    Soften the gelatin in the cold water in a small heatproof measuring cup. Set the cup in a pan of simmering water and heat about 4 minutes until the gelatin dissolves; remove from heat. (or microwave for about 10 seconds)
    Combine the dry milk, ice water, and confectioner's sugar in the chilled small bowl of an electric mixer, then beat with chilled beaters at medium speed until foamy. With the motor running, carefully pour the gelatin down the side of the bowl so that it doesn't hit the beaters and spatter all over.
    Continue beating at medium speed for 7 to 10 minutes until it is the texture of whipped cream, then beat in the vanilla. If not used immediately, store in the refrigerator or freeze in desired shapes. The mixture deflates on standing and may be re-whipped. Allow 1/2 cup frozen topping to thaw about 15 minutes before serving.
    Makes 3 cups

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Real Whipped Cream:

1 pint of heavy cream

1 tsp vanilla

Whip til consistency is of whipped cream!

Fatty and oh so good.[​IMG]

10. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Only thing I'd add to Lunachick's is a little powdered sugar for sweetening to taste.

I like the real stuff, though don't indulge too frequently. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by