Does anybody have african crowned cranes?

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by ninny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Does anybody have these guys. They are just awesome and mcmurrays sells them. Where could i find some info on them?

2. spectrumranch

spectrumranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Yes, What info are you looking for?

3. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Really anything. I can't even find what they eat.

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

What do chicks go for on those things... i know someone with a pair of them... just beautiful birds.

5. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    The cheapest I have ever seen any is $1500 I know several people with them, The eat crane feed, no honestly they make it. Contact me and I can put you in touch with some of the finest breeders in the country. Never even think of buying something like this from a hatchery. I assure you Mc Murry doesnt own any, they are subbed out from other breeders at best and drop shipped, just find a private breeder after you have done a tremendous amount of home work on them, they are very specialized and not for the beginer, shoot, not even for a lot of seasoned pros!
    Best wishes, pm me for more info, these guys also have the west african crowned cranes, and demoiselle crane

6. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    Purely Poultry will be offering African Crowned Cranes in 2010 as well. I just can't figure out how to categorize them on our website.

7. DMFarm

DMFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Winona Tx
    Here is a picture of our pair of the East African Crown Cranes. They eat a crane diet made buy mazuri

[​IMG]

8. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Nice ones Doug! You were one of the breeders I was referring too actually in my previous post, you and Sid

9. horseshoecreekranch

horseshoecreekranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2009
    Quote:Sid does have some nice cranes. He is just down the road from me, so I get to see all of the cool stuff [​IMG]

10. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    I hear ya! What about those oscelatted turkeys! My God, I 'd love to see them in person, very jealous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by