does anybody have buff brahmas

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 12304, Jun 28, 2011.

1. 12304

12304 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    i have one buff brahma Souflet and she is the most lovable sweetie ever she will let do anything she fell asleep in my arms one time. Soufy as i call her is just a pullet and if anyone has full grown buff brahma i would like to know if they stay this sweet

she has got to be my favorite of the flock

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I have a few buff brahma hens and they are one of the sweetest breeds that I have. I can walk up to them and pick them up and place them on my shoulder, my head, my arm and they won't fuss or budge. VERY sweet girls. On the other hand, the buff brahma rooster has flogged me a few times but I don't to change this happy story to a sad story. [​IMG]

3. 12304

12304 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    thanks i just always want her to be this sweet and now i now she will be

4. aprhardy

aprhardy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2010
    Floyd Va
    I have 2 buff brahma roosters and 1 buff brahma laying hen, I also have about 20 buff brahma chicks running around. I fell so in love with my old buff brahma's that I ordered 20 pullet chicks to go with the 3 older ones. My laying hen is so sweet I can pick her up and hold her, and she just coo's in her chicken way. My roo's are so sweet they eat out of my hand and will jump up on my lap and visit for awhile. I think they are the sweetest mild mannered chickens. Though my buff orpingtons and speckled sussex's are pretty tame too, but not as friendly as my brahma's.

5. 12304

12304 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    i also have aspeckled susex and she is nice but not as sweet as my brahma Soufy

6. debontheweb

debontheweb Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2011
    White Rock BC
    I have a young buff Brahma and she seems intelligent and very calm. She sits on my shoulder . She's also very soft with big beautiful eyes. Something happened the other night and she didn't make it into the coop. I thought I had lost her but she reappeared the next morning and I was happy and relieved.

7. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    My brahma is also one of my favorites. Calm and sweet. I think they are a lot like horses....the biggest drafts are the most gentle while the smaller Arabians and ponies are more high strung.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by