Does anybody have standard speckled sussex??

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MandyH, Apr 21, 2009.

1. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I am interested in starting a flock of these beautiful birds. I have blue slate turkey eggs to trade or will purchase. I am in NE MS.

2. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Quail_Antrewp here in Ohio just got her breeding stock separated out. I have a SS hen I got from her last fall. She might be ready to ship eggs soon.

3. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

Bargain has eggs

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

5. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Kristen, I just send you a pm. Our fertility rate has been excellent here on the farm with 95% - 100% hatch of all the eggs put in. Rates may vary of course with shipping but I'm getting excellent reports of hatching for these.

We have a young and healthy flock who have been in separate pens since September 2008. We are a chemical free farm and offer feed, grains and home grown veggies to our flock.

Thanks and have a blessed evening.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've got some nice speckled sussex too. [​IMG]

7. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:Yes, she does!!!

8. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Katy, do you happen to have a pic?

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I sure do. [​IMG] I'm not sure why I have more pictures of the roos than the hens.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. dave27889

dave27889 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    Bargain has great speckled sussex. I have some of hers and they are really nice. They are about 2 months old. She packs really great also.
    I do have to say that SANDS poultry has them also. I have 3 of their's also and they are really nice also. I love the speckled sussex also. They are very pretty and they are very loveing. They come right to me when I come to the pen. I think either one of these BYC people would be a great choice for you. I live near sanspoultry so I picked mine up. Bargain is a very nice lady and her Name is Nancy. She is very friendly. Steve and Sharon are very nice also and both people have a lot of knowledge. Later, dave27889

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by