Does anybody keep a steady flow of eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by k&c poultry, Aug 3, 2011.

1. k&c poultry

k&c poultry Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    NJ
    Does anybody keep putting fertile eggs in there batOr as they get them from there chickens out back??

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Our bators (4 total) are rarely empty more than a day or two. Just enough time to clean them and warm back up.

3. Hi! YES! I've been setting eggs every week or so (I try to set every week but sometimes I forget) since Oct '05.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

4. itom37

itom37 Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    Quote:Hey a fellow Aikenite! I'm from Aiken, but live in Charleston. What do you do with all those chickens!

5. Hi Itom! I'm from GA and live in Aiken now.
    I sell some, keep some, eat some.
    When I built this,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    my husband just shook his head and rolled his eyes. The incubator (bottom) holds over 400 eggs and the hatcher (top) holds almost 200 eggs.

[​IMG]
    Lisa

6. Peterh005

Peterh005 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2011
    Adare, Ireland
    wow, thats alot of eggs!!!

7. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I love it!

8. Farmer_Dan

Farmer_Dan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Seattle
    I'm new to hatching, bought a dickies incubator earlier this year, been trying to stop setting, but I have not been successful, I keep setting and hatching and setting [​IMG]

I keep thinking i should turn it off and clean it out, maybe add some bricks or something for thermal mass, but I just keep thinking, well, in a couple weeks, when these ones hatch out, I wont set anymore. My wonderful DW has convinced me to set again now instead of waiting another week for the hatch and to clean it out! [​IMG]

9. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:If I had a husband like you I'd be in big trouble [​IMG] My husband is slowly becoming hooked on chickens, he still keeping me somewhat under control hatching. He said I can't buy any more eggs for awhile. I'm thankful he didnt say never. He never said I can't hatch my own eggs, but he asked why we have no eggs for bacon and eggs the other day [​IMG]

10. k&c poultry

k&c poultry Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    NJ
    Quote:Man that is crazy you must have chicks out the wazoo

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by