Does anybody know about lethargic poults who won’t walk, eat or drink

cflory

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2020
I Just got a turkey poult that’s about two weeks old. Haven’t ever raised turkeys and made the mistake of getting just one. I think it’s in shock and just lonely. It’s in a large dog crate with a heat lamp on one side. I tried putting broody chickens in with the poult, but they freaked out. It won’t eat and doesn’t really move. I have to force it to drink little sips. Last night, she perked up, but was lethargic again in the morning. Any advice? Would it help to get another?

I Just got a turkey poult that’s about two weeks old. Haven’t ever raised turkeys and made the mistake of getting just one. I think it’s in shock and just lonely. It’s in a large dog crate with a heat lamp on one side. I tried putting broody chickens in with the poult, but they freaked out. It won’t eat and doesn’t really move. I have to force it to drink little sips. Last night, she perked up, but was lethargic again in the morning. Any advice? Would it help to get another?
It is never a good idea to try to raise a single poult. They are very social birds and benefit from having more of their own kind. Check the temperature in your brooder. Measure it at the bedding level. A two week old poult should be just starting to handle 80°F in the heated area.

Back
Top Bottom