1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

does anybody know how much grown guinea fowl sell for?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by LaMamaGallina, Nov 12, 2008.

1. LaMamaGallina

LaMamaGallina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    everywhere

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  2. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    I purchased 6 @ $9 each at a local small animal auction. They were lavender and lovely. 5 took off and left one behind. He is now hanging with my chickens.

That was about the price they all went for right at the beginning of October.

Hope that helps

Christina

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    The man down the road gets $15 each for pearls and $18 for exotic colors.

4. LaMamaGallina

May 7, 2007
    everywhere
    Thank you so much, that gives me an idea!

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

If you get them, you must coop them up for about 4-6 weeks for them to imprint on your place as home. And I mean inside a coop or a coop with covered run. They will leave if you dont.

6. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    i just bought a pair of royal purples for $20. the lady reccomended keeping them in a covered pen all winter and then letting the out in the spring.

laskland -- where was the auction? I WANT MORE GUINEAS

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    There was an auction here a few weeks ago, and the 2 month olds were going for $10 each. Most of the adults were at least $15, and some went for as much as $25!

8. LaMamaGallina

May 7, 2007
    everywhere

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  9. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:Ah-ha! That makes sense. I had a low fence, but they flew when they heard my mean evil chicken chasing dog bark.
    Well, the guinea is happy with the chickens, so we'll hang with that for awhile.
    Thanks speckled!
    Christina

10. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:It was in Madison which is probably, ohhhh 2 hours from Omaha, but soooooo worth it. Small animals from goats, sheep, mini horses, mini-cows, ducks, pigeons, bunnies, chickens, geese, swans, pheasants... all started!

They do it 3x a year. I think April is the next one. I'll make sure to post it here. It's TOTAlly worth it. It was soooooooo fun!

Christina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by