Crowing
Mar 14, 2021
-
Last edited:
Can you give us more details please.

How did you find out she has gapeworms?
What symptoms was she having?
For how long?

Gapeworm is actually very rare so while I do not know the treatment these questions may help others in helping you.

Can you give us more details please.

How did you find out she has gapeworms?
What symptoms was she having?
For how long?

Gapeworm is actually very rare so while I do not know the treatment these questions may help others in helping you.
There were worms in her feces and she showed the symptoms of it (I looked up on google the symptoms and saw she had it). Her breathing looked like a rooster's crow almost and she was wheezing I'm pretty sure she got the disease from a mourning dove that got stuck in my coop a couple of days ago and pooped everywhere. She's been like wheezing and breathing weirdly since 9AM.

Thanks for your help! Do you think that HomeoPet will cure the worms too? I was browsing through the PetSmart website (I read the article and said that I needed safeguard/fenbendazole but I need to order it online and I really don't want to wait for a 3-7 days for it to come)

https://www.petsmart.com/small-pet/...ents/homeopet-worm-clear-treatment-45063.html

Thanks for your help! Do you think that HomeoPet will cure the worms too? I was browsing through the PetSmart website (I read the article and said that I needed safeguard/fenbendazole but I need to order it online and I really don't want to wait for a 3-7 days for it to come)

https://www.petsmart.com/small-pet/...ents/homeopet-worm-clear-treatment-45063.html
There is nothing in HomeoPet worm clear that will prevent nor treat worms.
You wont find gapeworms in feces neither. They are lodged in the trachea. However if you take a fresh fecal sample to a vet and have it looked at under a microscope, they'll tell you exactly what type(s) of worms your birds have by identifying different types of worm eggs.
Or post a photo here with the worms in feces and we'll let you know what they are.
There isnt any wormer that treats or kills worm eggs.

There is nothing in HomeoPet worm clear that will prevent nor treat worms.
You wont find gapeworms in feces neither. They are lodged in the trachea. However if you take a fresh fecal sample to a vet and have it looked at under a microscope, they'll tell you exactly what type(s) of worms your birds have by identifying different types of worm eggs.
Or post a photo here with the worms in feces and we'll let you know what they are.
There isnt any wormer that treats or kills worm eggs.
I'll post in tomorrow. It's 10PM here and I'm about to go to bed

Back
Top Bottom