Does anybody rent pluckers in PA/MD?

Kaitie09

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2009
South Central, PA
I have looked everywhere and talked to all the local feed mills and butcher shops. No one around here rents or knows anyone who rents pluckers. I found one online but the number was disconnected. If anyone knows anyone who will rent a plucker for a day in the South Central area, or as far as Hunt Valley, MD can you pm please with a name and phone number?

The guy that makes those is a member on here. I am sorry I can't remember his screen name, but search through various threads in the meat bird section and you will find him. His avatar is a picture of that plucker.

I found a guy today that has the big barrel. I'm going to have to drive 2 hours to get it, but it will be worth not having to pluck 30 birds.

Kristen2678 - My plucker will pluck a large bird in 60 seconds if your scald water is 145-155 degrees, and you swish the bird around and up and down for 30-40 seconds and get a proper scald. The trick is in the scald, and then the plucking will be the fastest part of your steps in processing. If you are doing less than 15-20 birds at a time, you will pluck them in less time than it will take you to clean and put away the tub plucker.

Back
Top Bottom