Does anybody watch Cake Boss and/or Ace of Cakes?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicken Hugger!, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Chicken Hugger!

Chicken Hugger! Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    I was just wondering if there are any fellow BYC'ers that watch Cake Boss and/or Ace of Cakes. My mom owns her own cake decorating business and it is always really funny when we watch because we are both like that is NOT the way I would be doing that! [​IMG] I am always amazed at some of the things that they do and I wonder how and why they don't laugh in people's faces when they order crazy stuff.

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    I ADORE cake boss! I love any cake shows... but Cake Boss is my favorite by far!

3. Chicken Hugger!

Chicken Hugger! Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    The only problem I have with cake boss is that (this is coming from one who decorates cakes) it seems like some of the accidents could have been prevented. [​IMG] And when you see one guy carrying around a 3 tier wedding cake my himself, it is most likely not a real cake. We use "dummy cakes" when we go to shows. They are shaped like cake but are made out of styrofoam, so I am guessing that is what they use. If you tried to carry a real 3 tier cake, your arms will fall off (or you have like a 21 inch bicep [​IMG])

But I LOVE Buddy's flowers! They are beautiful![​IMG] I wish I could make gumpaste flowers like that....

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I like Ace of Cakes and I have watched Cake Boss. I would watch Cake Boss more, but they are constantly shouting and it drives me nuts! Even when Buddy talks in a normal voice, he sounds like he is yelling a lot of the time.

5. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

I love both but only when I can catch them.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] Oh the creativity they do!

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I love the Ace of Cakes and it's the only reason I wish I had Cable or a dish or something. I've always enjoyed watching them take on some of the challenges they do, it's mind-boggling when they make it work and hysterical when they just can't do it and have to tell someone it's just not feasible!

8. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Love Cake Boss!! [​IMG]

9. stanglover2001

stanglover2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    I really like the new Cake Boss, the one where he's searching for the next great baker! It's inspired me to help my best friend's aunt's last minute wedding by doing the wedding cake and grooms cake [​IMG] They don't expect much and are only paying me for the supplies, I can't wait [​IMG] Did I say the wedding date is in 1 month [​IMG]

10. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    I dont have cable by choice but used to watch ace of cakes, i havent seen cake boss - but i love CAKES!! my 3 yr. changed her mind at the last min. before her bday from carebears to princess and the frog - yeah well goodluck finding a princess to go on a cake when your kids bday is on thanksgiving and i was not about to drive 2 hours away to get lucky and find one at walmart/kmart... so i stayed up all night and made her one... not exactly perfect, but i used what i had in the kitchen to make her... choc. truffles and cupcakes and fondant of course... but we were very happy with it for it being last min. and she loved it!!
    [​IMG]
    i am looking forward to more practice!! it has been a long time since i did cakes! not to bad for the 4th one in years!! and most important i had alot of fun making it [​IMG] and it made my little girl smile! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by