Does anyone buy Guineas this time of the year ?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by BirdWalkFarm, Nov 30, 2010.

1. BirdWalkFarm

BirdWalkFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello I am a new egg here and was wondering if anyone buys Guineas this time of the year . My husband is new to Guineas and ended up with ( Raised ) some really beautiful ones . He has Royal Purple , Pearl , white and some lite purple guineas . Their ages are from 8 months to six weeks , he has about 75 total . We would like to sell them but don't have an idea where or how to . They will be super cheap as we are not in the business of selling . All are very healthy . Any suggestions ??

Thank you ,
    BirdWalkFarm in Okla. City , Ok .

2. sben451

sben451 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Anniston, AL
    [​IMG] List them on the BUY/SELL auction here on BYC. Also you can list for free on Craigslist on the internet. When I have extra roos or other chickens, I make fliers and post at local stores, gas stations, convenience stores. [​IMG]

3. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I just sold 17 guineas two weeks ago and had another person ask me about them right away, so I think you might be able to sell them. I put mine on craigslist.

4. BirdWalkFarm

Thank you so much for the quick replies ! I had thought of listing on BYC but didn't want to ship but would if necessary . I hadn't even thought of CraigsList so will get busy and try that first .

Many thanks again ,
    BirdWalkFarm

5. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    People buy guineas all year round. Just like chickens. CL is likely your best bet.

6. BirdWalkFarm

Thank you , My husband just put his ( Fabulous ) guineas on CraigsList . He just loves these birds !

BirdWalkFarm

7. oliviad51

oliviad51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    I need some more guineas so bad! Usually I only try to buy eggs but if you guys still have some guineas avalible, let me know and I MAY consider getting some. I would have to have them shipped though. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  8. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    My guineas were adorable, I just couldn't take that their wandering pattern would take them past my neighbors houses at very early hours. Thankfully they went to another home that has lots and lots of room for them and no neighbors! [​IMG]

9. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I'm looking to buy guineas right now. I will be heading up to the auctions in hope of finding some. I only have 4 grown birds (two pieds,1 peral, 1 lavender) and two whites, and 1 buff white color babies.

10. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Where in NC are you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by