Does anyone disapprove of chicken diapers?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Moochie, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Moochie

Moochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzp9tO5DpZE
    I
    think that chickenmomma is an excellent and very caring person! I would love some chicken diapers, but I don't have a clue where to buy them nor can I make them. Some of the comments are very negative, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Does anyone else disapprove of chicken diapers like these anon folks do?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I think they are cute. The people that have problems with them are jerks.
    Just my opinion...

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Ditto.

Plus those nay-Sayers have never had house chickens.

Check in the BYC Auction (BST) area, lovmychix or some similarly named BYCer makes chicken diapers very reasonably.

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    While I would never have a chicken living in my house and therefore never need a chicken diaper, why would I care if someone else wants to put a diaper on their bird?

1 person likes this.
  5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Exactly...

6. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:This.

I wouldn't have a chicken in my house, but then, some people think I'm weird because my cat has a sweater. [​IMG]

7. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Quote:This.

I wouldn't have a chicken in my house, but then, some people think I'm weird because my cat has a sweater. [​IMG]

Please tell me you have pictures of this. You must.

I'm not at all opposed to diapers, and I actually diaper my own Silkie hen. Since most of their comments were removed, I don't have the chance to read why those people feel the way they do, but I don't see any possible problems with it. If someone has a problem with it they should keep it to themselves, like Potterwatch stated above. Like Mother always said; "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Quote:Here are some links for you.

I believe these folks invented diapers for their geese: http://www.thegoosesmother.com

http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Diapers-and-Saddles/Chicken-Diaper-Free-shipping-p494.aspx

http://www.hensaver.com/Hen-Holster.html

Many have places to put a leash on for walks. I think thats mostly for ducks. Cutest one I ever saw was a runner duck with a Gingham dress named Leah..... Duck diapers have a spot in them for a mini pad for moisture absorbtion. I dont know about Chicken diapers. I suspect once you get one it will be something tat is easy to make.

Good luck.

9. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I'd never have a house chicken either, but I certainly don't care if others do. Sides, I put preemie diapers on a cat for several years. Yes I did! [​IMG] She had megacolon and would 'leak' due to constipation and the drugs she was on so the little cat wore a little preemie diaper with a hole for the tail. So if I can put a diaper on a cat, nothing wrong with putting one on a chicken IMO. [​IMG]

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    www.chickendiapers.com

The first and the orginal chicken diaper. Custom made to fit the measurements you supply of your bird, in your choice of fabric. The most reasonably priced chicken diaper I have seen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by