Does anyone else feel like just running away

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by terrilhb, Feb 5, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I just need to vent. Sorry. Am I the only person that just has had enough and run away to a island by myself? Sometimes things just build and build and then you can't take anymore. Found out my dad has a blood cancer and my husbands mother has a cancer I don't know the name of but it is bad. Hubby's dad has alzthiemers. My dad's sister's heart is only working 35 % and his cousin died. Son is having legal problems and I just want to run away. Sorry to rant just needed somewhere to vent. Thanks for listening. [​IMG]

2. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    [​IMG] Rant all you want, we are all friends here.
    Prayers sent your way.

4. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    [​IMG] Go ahead and run (for a little while). I had a small problem yesterday and I just didn't want to be here. One of my favorite hens keeled over unexpectedly. I spent the afternoon at the library and this afternoon shopping for garden seeds. If you can manage a small retreat, you can come back recharged and better able to cope.
    Love and prayers, Kate

5. un-named

un-named Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Quote:can you get away by yourself, even if just for a day to refresh and do something to keep your miond off of it all? that's alot to carry hon.

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

7. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    I understand your pain. I call it claustrophobic hopelessness. When I get there I know I have to do SOMETHING at once to keep from sliding down into a hole and pulling it in after me. You said you were looking at seeds for spring....you must be a gardener (like me). One of the things I do is go to a garden center that has indoor greenhouses (home depot has one) and just wander around in there aimlessly until I can start thinking of things to grow. If you can't get out, put drawings of your flower beds on a piece of paper and plan what you want in there next spring. Do it in pencil (HA!). If you're a coffee drinker, go to Starbucks and splurge on their largest, fanciest coffee drink. You really need to think of something that will give your mind a mini-vacation so the pressure will be more bearable. Get a fresh perspective and you'll survive another day. I know. I do it most days. God bless you with peace and hope.

8. 20123001

20123001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2011
    Delavan, Wi
    [​IMG]:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

9. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Thank you all. I can not get away. I have my babies to take care of. I have family that would but I am OCD on how I want them to be taken care of. LOL/ I had just needed to vent. My chickens, goats, dogs and cats plus I do have 2 squirrels that were attacked by a cat and I saved them. (I know not supposed to have them but I love them) Another story if anyone wants to hear. But believe it or not coming on here and being with all my babies helps me so much. Friends of mine that don't have them tell me i care to much. If that is the case oh well. When feeling really down I come on here or go and just sit with them. They love you no matter what. Maybe I am obsessed but they make me feel so much better. You are all awesome thanks.[​IMG] to all

10. bunnibird55

bunnibird55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I understand your frustration and despair....just like you my animals keep me sane. Ok, well more sane than I would be without them anyhow! They always seem to understand and will listen to you better than any human being! I have so many animals that my friends shake their heads - telling me I am too "tied down". My animals keep me grounded in a very crazy world! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by