Does anyone else have RLS?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Robin'sBrood, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I HATE it when my legs want to move at night! [​IMG] The only thing that fixes them is going to sleep. So annoying!

2. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

I have it every now and then but not bad. The worst I've had it was the night after my first chiropractors appointment. It was BAD I was twitching and everything!

3. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I don't have it very often either, thank the good Lord, but when I do it is the most frustrating thing. I'm afraid I'm going to have to call it a night in a few... or pull my hair out!

4. spammy

spammy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2009
    Sleep with a skinney pillow between your knees.

5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    I have it and started a thread a while back on it. Hopefully there will be something in here that will help you. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=218123&p=1

The one thing that helped me was the bar of soap under the sheets. It has made going to bed bearable for me again. I wouldn't stay overnight anywhere without taking my soap with me now. Hope you get some relief, I know how awful it can be.

6. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I only had that when I was pregnant. It drove me INSANE!!!!

7. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Bar of soap under the sheets? Huh? How does that help? I get it once in a while, drives my DH nuts. If soap helps, I'll try it, but exactly where do you put the soap and what kind of soap?

8. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Just regular soap, between the mattress and the sheet by your legs. I have not the first clue how it works and I was pretty sceptical too but willing to try anything. I couldn't believe it when it worked. Now if my legs wake me in the night I know its because the soap has fallen out. [​IMG]

9. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Oh thanks, I'll read through that thread.

My parents have a bar of soap under the sheets at the end of their bed. I laugh at them for it. [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ken does and sometimes he kicks the crap outta me!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by