Does anyone else keep an egg chart?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by newTexan2chickens, Jul 21, 2010.

1. newTexan2chickens

newTexan2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    I have a variety of chickens that lay different colored eggs. I started keeping a chart of how many BR eggs vs FBCM eggs etc that I get on a daily basis. My DH thinks I am nuts... does anyone else do this or is he correct?

2. 1crazychick

1crazychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Central-IN
    NO NOT CRAZY!! [​IMG][​IMG] I have such a mixture of breeds that will s:hetart laying anyday! I have been wondering myself how I will keep them all organized and figured out. What method do use to keep them straight!! I have 1 Black Alstralorp pullet, 1 SIlver Laced Wyandotte Pullet, 1 Blue Cochin Bantam Roo a pair of Splash Bantam's, 2 Mille Fluer Bantams, 3 Standard EE Pullets, 4 Bantam EE Pullets, a pair of Red Old English Game birds, a pair of Guinea Keets (1 white, 1 lavendar) and 5 Buff Orpington Chicks.. How in the world will I keep them STRAIGHT!!! Help Me!!!!![​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. newTexan2chickens

Jun 15, 2010
    Well right now I have 2 BR that lay brown eggs, 2 FBCM that lay chocolate eggs and 2 EE mix that lay cream eggs... so my chart is really by egg color. I have 8 more mixed chicks that should be laying any day now.... if they will get off their lazy duffs.... and they could be laying??? color. So I will have to expand the chart once they start laying.

4. crittersitter

crittersitter Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Westchester County,NY
    Just last week someone posted a really cool chart to keep track of eggs and now I can"t find it. Wish I had subscribed to thread [​IMG]

5. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:LMBO! I keep an egg chart too and my husband thinks I'm insane. Apparently organization is only for the insane. [​IMG]

6. newTexan2chickens

Jun 15, 2010
    I hung it on the fridge.... he refuses to log in the eggs he picks up. Geesh!

7. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Me too! But my husband does use it (reluctantly, I'm sure!).

8. maurerwerks

maurerwerks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Sunapee
    Why do you care about keeping track of eggs? How would you know who is laying what? All of mine (black australorps, SLW, GLW, and BOs) lay brown eggs (or will, when they get started). How would I know?[​IMG]

9. 1crazychick

1crazychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Central-IN
    I will be interested for incubating purposes. I would like to hatch out for my own flock each year. I would just like to be able to keep track and know what I am getting and will end up with and what my %'s will be. If any one does have that egg chart I would be interested.. Thansk so much.

10. newTexan2chickens

Jun 15, 2010
    Well since I am new to this I wanted to try and keep track of how often the different breeds lay. I can look at the eggs and tell which of the EE laid them but the others all look the same so I couldn't. But at the end of a month I will be able to say the 2 EEs laid x number vs the 2 BR... or maybe it is because I am indeed nuts!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by