Does anyone else like homemade wine?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by jlmann, Apr 2, 2009.

1. jlmann

jlmann Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    I made a really good batch of strawberry wine two years ago and I'm just now finished with it. I have a bottle of Mt.Rose wine this old guy I know gave me. If it keeps raining the Mt. rose is seriously in danger!!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I don't know if I like it or not. Why don't you send me some and I will let you know.

3. jlmann

Mar 3, 2009
    You'd like it. I'll send some next batch I make. Believe it or not the old guy in question makes some really strange but very tasty wines. He makes onion wine! Sounds gross huh? and spicy apple both of which are delicious....

4. debilorrah

Ok, I am not sure I am willing to try onion wine. Strawberry, yes, onion? No thanks [​IMG]

5. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Were in the process of making something called prison wine (I got the receipe off of the homesteading housewife). It my first attempt at wine. Though I have made root beer (and learned not to double the receipe, cleaning up root beer from the cieling is not fun) and my DH makes beer once in a while.

6. jlmann

Mar 3, 2009
    It's mostly grape with just a little onion...really good to cook with too. That reminds me I have an old beer/ale recipe around here somewhere that calls for a DEAD CHICKEN I always wanted to try it but never had the nerve to spend so much time making something and then throw a dead animal in it.

7. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Uhhhhhhh! I think I'll stick to my prison wine, your receipe sounds like roadkill wine. [​IMG]

8. jlmann

Mar 3, 2009
    What kind of yeast did you use in your prison wine?

9. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  10. debilorrah

Quote:I would like it please. Sounds alot like jungle juice we used to make on white water rafting trips.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by