Does anyone else like homemade wine?

jlmann

Songster
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
I made a really good batch of strawberry wine two years ago and I'm just now finished with it. I have a bottle of Mt.Rose wine this old guy I know gave me. If it keeps raining the Mt. rose is seriously in danger!!

You'd like it. I'll send some next batch I make. Believe it or not the old guy in question makes some really strange but very tasty wines. He makes onion wine! Sounds gross huh? and spicy apple both of which are delicious....

Ok, I am not sure I am willing to try onion wine. Strawberry, yes, onion? No thanks
sickbyc.gif

Were in the process of making something called prison wine (I got the receipe off of the homesteading housewife). It my first attempt at wine. Though I have made root beer (and learned not to double the receipe, cleaning up root beer from the cieling is not fun) and my DH makes beer once in a while.

It's mostly grape with just a little onion...really good to cook with too. That reminds me I have an old beer/ale recipe around here somewhere that calls for a DEAD CHICKEN I always wanted to try it but never had the nerve to spend so much time making something and then throw a dead animal in it.

Back
Top Bottom