1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does anyone else watch Ninja Warrior on TV?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WoodlandWoman, Oct 23, 2007.

1. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That is my new favorite TV show! [​IMG]

We watch it on the G4 channel, 354 on Directv.

I even have my husband watching it now. I was laughing so hard, that he had to get off the computer and see what I was laughing at. It's a show from Japan. It's basically a big obstacle course that people try to complete. Sometimes people run out of time, but mostly they fall in the water. The contestants are a real mixed bag. Everything from Olympic athletes to celebrities. Oddballs in costumes. A teacher competes regularly and his class comes to cheer him on. Some of the announcer's comments are pretty funny, too, if you read the subtitles. Although the entire contest is a full day, they televise it in several different 30 minute shows.

The first stage is pretty funny. They start out with 100 contestants. Only a handful of people make it to the second stage, which is more serious. The third stage is so physically demanding that it really is like watching an Olympic caliber event. The people competing in the third stage have usually been in training for this for years, also. The final is a timed rope climb or a combination spider walk and rope climb, to the top of a tower. They change some of the obstacles every season.

2. firechicken

firechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Covington, GA
    Yes, I watch it very often. They had a marathon on awhile back, I think it was like three days long. :eek:

It's pretty amazing what some of those people can do.......It's also pretty amazing how silly and down right weird some of the competitors are. [​IMG]

3. Tastes_Like_Chicken

Tastes_Like_Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2007
    East Fishkill, NY
    I LOVE THAT SHOW

it's amazing

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    It's given me a whole new perspective on Japanese society! [​IMG]

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    My son loves that show and says they should have something like that over here in the US.

6. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

I LOVE Ninja Warrior!!

Even when some of the contestants compete in thongs and sneakers ((Shudder)) you should never have to see a man in a red thong on a trampoline! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. GoodEgg

GoodEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    NW Florida
    We started watching it. (Glad I missed the guy in the red thong tho!)

I think they DO have something like this in the US. Basically, it's like a preliminary, and if you make it through, you get to go to Japan and be in it over there? I'm going on second-hand info, but that's what I was told. [​IMG]

trish

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by