Does anyone feed Mazuri dry?

HollowOfWisps

Previously AstroDuck
Aug 28, 2020
Iowa
Okay so I've already tried 3x to switch my flock to Mazuri feed, but they were not having it (almost $150 down the drain yay!🙄😅). I decided to try it one more time hoping that the 4th times the charm. Well they still absolutely refused it in water, BUT lol they are starting to eat it if I put it in a separate bowl and feed it dry. I think the pebbles are small enough that they will be fine, but does anyone have any experience just feeding it dry (also they have access to water 24/7 to wash it down)?

I used to feed Mazuri right in a water bucket, and did for years. But then the rats figured out how to perch on the edge of the bucket and we had an unfortunate rat drowning incident that was very upsetting to me. Now I feed it dry in a bowl. My ducks don't seem to care.

My ducks I got as ducklings all eat it in water. But I got some Call Ducks from another person and they will only eat it dry. As long as they have water, it's fine.

I do throw a few pieces in the water when they swim and some of them eat a little in the water. It's about the same as trying to get them to eat some Spring mix. I don't think the breeder ever fed any fresh foods, so they didn't eat it at first. Slowly they are starting to eat it, and some bits of blueberries and strawberries I've given them. It's a world of difference from 11 Indian Runners pulverizing a banana in 60 seconds LMBO

Back
Top Bottom