Does anyone go to the Texas RenFest?

fowltemptress

Frugal Fan Club President
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 20, 2008
Nope
My SO worked there in college and grew up going to it, and we make a point to go every year. Are there any other BYCers who go, as well?

Me, me, me, me!!!!
wee.gif
I even dress up!

When are you going? I've been trying to decide what weekend I'd like to go. I have family that live in Centerville, I usually stay with them even though I'd love, love, love to camp out the weekend at the festival.

Neat! I need to get myself an outfit, but I've never done it for some reason . . . I feel so dull when I show up in regular clothes
tongue.png
Alot of my friends have the greatest outfits, because they work there . . . one of my friends worked for the centaur last year. I love his get up!
I don't know when I'm going this year, because my SO got a new job that he starts in October . . . his schedule will give him 4 days off every 6th day, so I need to find what weekends fall on his days off. Last year we went during the barbarian invasion. I wanted to go during the 1001 Dreams weekend this year, but we'll be busy moving and won't be able to go until November.
Camping out is fun . . . there are fire spinners (of which my SO is one
big_smile.png
), and everyone just has a good time. Be warned, though . . . some people like to dance naked around the bonfire. It is too funny
lol.png

Last edited:
I know about those wylde camp nights.
wink.png
It's even more fun than the festival and cheaper too! lol I love the fire eaters and drumming circles.

It's easier if you buy the costume in pieces, at least.. it was for me, unless you're handy with a needle and thread. I'd just buy a piece of it here and there, a little at a time. I'm still looking for the perfect shoes. I really adore those handmade leather shoes and the boots too!

I usually end up going around Veterns day in November because I get that day off from work, so I combine it with the weekend for a mini vacation.

So you'd be going around the Roman Bacchanal . . . with the way the SO's schedule looks like it'll be working out, I'll probably be going the next weekend, during the Highland Fling. Hmm, I do have a plaid skirt . . . not the same thing as a kilt, I know, but it's a start.

Have you seen their website recently? They did an awesome job on it.

Yep, I'm on their mailing list.
wink.png
It has definitely improved over the years. Highland fling ought to be a good weekend, all those men in kilts!
love.gif
Especially if The Rogues are playing.
big_smile.png

Went the past two years, totally going this year too!
big_smile.png

I mean, I live right down the road from it.
lol.png

I've never dressed up, but my brother totally is into it, he even has worked there a few times. I'd like to dress up, maybe I'll see about it this year. Don't know which weekend we'll go this year, last year we went on the Halloween weekend, the year before, the 1001 Dreams.

I love the Ren Festival.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom