Does Anyone Happen To Know What Breed This Chicken Is??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SantaPaula805, Mar 12, 2012.

1. SantaPaula805

SantaPaula805 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2012
    Santa Paula, Ca
    She is still a chick and was given to me as a gift. I do not know the breed and I was told she was going to be a hen. And I would like to know to find out whether she is going to be a good egg layer or not and whether she does good in cold climates or not and also whether she is pure or not. She seems to be a yellow-orangy color and has black at the end of her tail. She also has very small black dots on the neck area that are a little hard to see in these pictures. She is a really fast and sneaky and takes me a little while to catch her. Also this is my first time that i am going to have witness the pecking order. I have two new hampshire reds roosters that are fully grown that would totally destroy her at this age. So i was planning on waiting a littler longer until she could defend herself to put them together so my other question would be if anyone had any tips on adding her to the flock. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Looks like a New Hampshire ( if anyone says new hampshire red, it's actually just new hampshire [​IMG] )

3. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    Could be a Production Red.

4. Gvnam

Gvnam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    Too light for a Production Red I think... I too would have to go with a New Hampshire....

5. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Looks like my New Hampshires

6. Fleabuskitty

Fleabuskitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    I agree; New Hampshire, or maybe a very very light hatchery-quality Rhode Island Red [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Percysmom

Percysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    she looks like my chicken who I was told was a red sexlink but mine has white tailfeathers and yours has black.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by