Does anyone have a black austrolorp x ameraucana?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by madgabmomma, Jul 21, 2011.

1. madgabmomma

madgabmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    SE Texas
    I'm ordering a few ameraucana's too add too my standard egg layers and I'm just curious what would happen if I end up breeding them too my black austrolorp roo? If you have any what color eggs do they lay? Please post pics also [​IMG]

Also what are the temperments of you're ameraucana's? I'm ordering from Ideal Poultry, anyone ordered from them? Thanks!

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:what colors will you be ordering? as long as they are not White, Blue, or Barred, they will all look Black as chick, and the hens will lay green tinted eggs...

3. madgabmomma

Apr 2, 2011
    SE Texas
    Quote:what colors will you be ordering? as long as they are not White, Blue, or Barred, they will all look Black as chick, and the hens will lay green tinted eggs...

I'm not sure what color they will be as the ameraucana's are not listed in separate color categories?

4. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    I'm guessing the chicks will probably be black. And their eggs will be greenish colored [​IMG]

5. madgabmomma

Apr 2, 2011
    SE Texas
    Thanks a bunch! You both answered my main question which is will the eggs still be tinted [​IMG]

6. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:if you are going to breed the autralorp x ameraucan hens back to the australorp father and still want green eggs just keep the ones with Pea comb as they are the ones that will lay green eggs and the single comb ones will NOT...

7. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    I have ordered several Ameraucanas from Ideal, ( My favorite hatchery! BTW) The send me all different colored birds most of them are golden duckwing, They lay beautiful green eggs. I have had some luck breeding them to my Maran rooster, and of course all the chicks are cuckoo. I am going to breed the AmerXMaran rooster back to my maran hens , hopefully getting dark olive colored eggs! I would assume that you will get black chicks that lay a green or brown eggs. I would keep the pea combed chicks and sell the rest!Good Luck! Hope I could help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by